Sleepless nights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody got any recommendations for sleep? I have had nytol, sleeping tablets, levender etc the usuals! But it's driving me insane and the last time this happened i was low as it was so bad :( help x

Not tried either, but have heard these two! Could be complete myth, but no harm in trying i guess!

1.Half fill a cold bath, enough to go to your wait. Sit in it for 2 mins get out dry yourself, get in pjs and straight to bed. Think the idea is being cold will make you super cosy, no idea though!

2.Apparently lying completely still (no tossing and turning or even scratching your nose haha) for 15 mins will send you asleep. Again no idea why, im guessing it relaxes you or bores you so much you have no choice haha

Hope you get some sleep anyways xx

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

I too suffer from insomnia, I find it is better to get up and sit for 20 minutes half an hour rather than toss and turn and try to sleep. Getting up and reading for a short time then going back to bed usually works and you can get a few more hours sleep.

I'm a insomnia sufferer at times and iv tried everything. The best thing for me was relaxing videos on YouTube. Like spa music, as if I can't sleep it's normally coz I'm overthinking and this takes my mind off thinking if im listening:) x

Google kiwi fruit and sleep. I read this over the weekend. I don't suffer from insomnia so haven't tried this myself, but might be worth a try.

Buy Swanson 10mg melatonin non addictive is a hormone that works. The only reason you need it on prescription is it is not regulated but IS perfectly safe, my son get prescribed 6mg a day and he is 6. Will knock you out. Try eBay or heart monthly it has to be imported so expect a wee wait. You only get it prescribed through a psychiatrist in UK, GP cannot prescribe, unless over 60 due to regulation, but is very safe and health food stores around the globe stock it. You can buy 1mg at kiosks (self serve) in airports in Spain. Nytol is just like piriton an anti hestimine!

Thanks guys❤️ going to go run until I can't stop and then by the time I get in I'll sleep like the dead! Need to try a ew otf those suggestions for sure x

Certain anti hysthamines do have aseditive effect.

Eating a banana before you want to go to sleep is an old wives tale but it does actually work.

Insomnia rules my life. Google something called hemi sync, you can get an I pod app. It really helps me. When I'm really suffering I have a routine if large carb loaded dinner, followed by a walk, all electronics off from 9pm as they stimulate your brain. A lavender shower or bath then a chamomile tea and a kiwi then early to bed with my hemi sync. Lol it's a pain but it's better than a sleepless night. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

My boss lies in bed and imagines putting each one of his worries in a box and dispatching it on a conveyor belt. If that don't work tie each one to a balloon and watch it float away.
Never tried it cos I sleep like a baby (usually) 😄

Insomnia rules my life. Google something called hemi sync, you can get an I pod app. It really helps me. When I'm really suffering I have a routine if large carb loaded dinner, followed by a walk, all electronics off from 9pm as they stimulate your brain. A lavender shower or bath then a chamomile tea and a kiwi then early to bed with my hemi sync. Lol it's a pain but it's better than a sleepless night. X

You've got such a good routine! I admire that. Very little people realise how damaging insomnia can be on a person. I'll definitely get googling hemi sync :) x

YouTube hemi sync, it's free;)

You tube failarmy....they are funny videos. sometimes chilling and relaxing watching some funny clips relaxes mr and stops the worrying goin on in my head. I suffer from insomnia and its something that sometimes works xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Buy Swanson 10mg melatonin non addictive is a hormone that works. The only reason you need it on prescription is it is not regulated but IS perfectly safe, my son get prescribed 6mg a day and he is 6. Will knock you out. Try eBay or heart monthly it has to be imported so expect a wee wait. You only get it prescribed through a psychiatrist in UK, GP cannot prescribe, unless over 60 due to regulation, but is very safe and health food stores around the globe stock it. You can buy 1mg at kiosks (self serve) in airports in Spain. Nytol is just like piriton an anti hestimine!

Thats shocking! Buying drugs online could send you offline!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Certain anti hysthamines do have aseditive effect.

I used to work with very vulnerable young women. Those who were anorectic and on the ward were given a Piriton tablet and a can of full fat Coke at night. I don't know what the magic combination is but it used to put everyone to sleep (and is non addictive).

I know it works as I once gave it to my ex prior to a long flight as he was really anxious. Unfortunately the flight was delayed, he fell asleep in the departure lounge and I literally had to carry him on to the plane!

You've got such a good routine! I admire that. Very little people realise how damaging insomnia can be on a person. I'll definitely get googling hemi sync :) x

Nothing worse than weeks and weeks of no sleep :mad: and dreading bed time because you know your not going to sleep again urg. Hope you get it sorted soon. X

Have you tried downloading any apps on your phone for sleep and deep relaxation?

There is a guy called Max Kirsten, he has 2 apps, he's amazing there is a cost tho of £2.65 I think, he worth every penny.

Just pop your earphones in when in bed and hit play!

There are also tons of free ones but never tried those.

Hope you get some sleep soon X

ive started working out to help tire my body from insomnia. I put my heated blanket on have a shower try and snuggle. I still have the unbareable days...which feels like everyday! Its motivation to put me in sleepy mode. I have read a ton of novels....i pretty much finish the entire book before i sleep! xoxo

Latest posts

Back