Slight colour build up on ends only 1/2 shade and flat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Reaction score
I have a client base 6 who has been using home semi permanent colour on her hair, I have told her not to colour it we have been letting it fade out for 2 months, it has a slight dull red build up on ends, the red is ok as going mahogany coppery tone, want to achieve 6.45 but want it to be bright am I best to use majirel or richesse would majirel lift out a little bit of previous colour say 1/2 shade as only a semi, to get rid of the very slight build up On the ends i just dont want to stars stripping the colour as only 1/2 shade to dark/dull after

Tell her to get Tigi recharge shampoo and conditioner and use for a month, will pull Colour out :) then make it easier to re Colour x

Clarifying shampoo or a gentle cleanse which will remove a little of the depth and any unwanted tone, and can be done without compromising the hair condition :)

With regards to the all over colour coypu have any or a high percentage of grey ?

10% grey I think I will use richesse on base colour and do half highlights with bleach 20vol for 30 mins then tone with 8.43 richesse after that way it will look bright and get all the horrible dull flat colour without a full cleanse

Could you do a cleanse without peroxide? I find shampoo, water and a sprinkle of bleach just for five min removes that flat ash from old home colours without damaging the hair

I've heard about the shampoo cleanse , as its no to bad I might try that , what are the quantities of shampoo ect , thanks

I usually use 60 ml water, 60 ml shampoo and a level scoop of bleach powder. I tend to use it on most clients who have been using box dyes at home as they are always so flat and you just can't pump tone into the flat ends. Usually 5-10 mins tops, at the backwash :)

Cool and 10vol I take it ,I just don't want to affect condition as its slightly frizzy texture, thanks

Or not I guess it oxidises with water ????

No peroxide at all :) will only remove tone. Usually with box colours people applie root to tip every time so that the tone builds up on ends and makes it dark and flat. Removing tone will instantly lighten it
If its really dark I substitute half the water for 6 %
The mixture will be runny so sponge it on at backwash.
Also you say you are using dia colour? Use it with 15vol on roots and 6vol on ends for most even coverage :) it's great if you wanna tone HLs.take ur foils out then emulsify the full head colour in to them and leave on for 5 mins ;)

Latest posts

Back