Slimming World

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After day one feel I've done pretty well :)

Feel like I'm going to struggle with breakfast

X

I REALLY struggle with brekkie - it actually makes me feel sick. I have to have 2 coffees and a cigarette before i can even think about eating anything lol I have been having the 0% fat free activia snackpot yoghurts, it's not a lot but i can quickly chuck it down my neck followed by a big gulp of coffee - i find if i have something for brekkie, i'm well ready for my lunch by 12, but if i don't have any brekkie, i can go until 3/4pm without eating which is why i'm a fatty in the first place, i wouldn't eat all day then have a big tea followed by choc, crisps, cheese and crackers for supper etc, plus wine! Greedy guts eh lol xx

I REALLY struggle with brekkie - it actually makes me feel sick. I have to have 2 coffees and a cigarette before i can even think about eating anything lol I have been having the 0% fat free activia snackpot yoghurts, it's not a lot but i can quickly chuck it down my neck followed by a big gulp of coffee - i find if i have something for brekkie, i'm well ready for my lunch by 12, but if i don't have any brekkie, i can go until 3/4pm without eating which is why i'm a fatty in the first place, i wouldn't eat all day then have a big tea followed by choc, crisps, cheese and crackers for supper etc, plus wine! Greedy guts eh lol xx

Could you have strawberries and a banana to get your sugars and metabolism going a bit more and the banana would be more filling than yoghurt?

I struggle but I have type 1 diabetes so I have to eat so perhaps if you try and look at it as "I have too" and do what I do and eat fruit. I also manage scrambled eggs as they aren't too heavy x

I'm the same I can go longer in the day without breakfast.

I've managed to have my b choice hi to bar as breakfast with fruit but then I'm starving by 12.

I like to have things with not much preparation so having a b choice soup for lunch is working out good.

X

Could you have strawberries and a banana to get your sugars and metabolism going a bit more and the banana would be more filling than yoghurt?

I struggle but I have type 1 diabetes so I have to eat so perhaps if you try and look at it as "I have too" and do what I do and eat fruit. I also manage scrambled eggs as they aren't too heavy x

I would struggle with anything solid for breakfast i think, I don't really know why but it makes me gag and feel sick, I wish I loved breakfast :irked: hubby has a massive brekkie and I have to go in the other room as I cant even watch him eat it lol I may have a go at some sort of smoothie, although on slimming world if you puree fruit you have to syn it :evil: x

ive lost a stone so far on it and when you stick to it it is great! been struggling recently though, mainly struggle with lunches! so meals you can make are delish! my fave is the mushroom pasta bake and the burgers and chips all syn free! xx

ive lost a stone so far on it and when you stick to it it is great! been struggling recently though, mainly struggle with lunches! so meals you can make are delish! my fave is the mushroom pasta bake and the burgers and chips all syn free! xx

Mushroom pasta bake sounds yummy do you have the recipe?

i do :) it is...
fry light
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely peeled & chopped
400g of mushrooms finely chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
90ml chicken stock with bovril
2tbsp dried oregano
6tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
400g pasta
and reduced fat cheese
xx

preheat oven to 200c/ gas 6! fry the mushrooms onion and garlic the stir in tomatoes, stock and dried oregano and bring to boil, the pop all in oven for 8-10 mins untill hot and bubbling!xx

preheat oven to 200c/ gas 6! fry the mushrooms onion and garlic the stir in tomatoes, stock and dried oregano and bring to boil, the pop all in oven for 8-10 mins untill hot and bubbling!xx

Do you use cheese as healthy extra? And is it syn free?

X

i use it as a syn! but as i get the low fat one its not to many or you can use it as a healthy extra!xx

I really want to join, but tbh my bmi is pretty good, I'm technically not over weight! But at 5"3 I feel a lot bigger at 10st 3! Weight seems to show a lot more! Also I'd love to get back into my old jeans! I'm not sure if it would be worth joining? Your thoughts are welcome!! Xxx

I think it's a really good diet to do its about making better choices and eating healthier. My partner does it and doesn't know the difference in food but also looses a bit here and there!

Hello ladies,
I'm pleased to see a SW topic. I lost 2 stone last year on this diet and then put it all back on since January (gutted) :(
Went back last week and lost 3 1/2 lbs I need to loose 22 lbs in 14 weeks ahhh !!!
I have a question ... When I do exercise I don't loose weight strangely. I want to exercise but need to loose weight quick. Does anyone know why this is ? I know muscle weighs more than fat but surly normal people loose weight when they exercise ?

i lost nearly 2 stone and hit target but i have put on 1 stone.......i am also gutted.....but i have lost 5lb since monday....

i use to run about 20 mile over a week and that really helped me shift the weight!

unfortunately this time its no running due to a knee injury

its hard but i am going to get back to target for xmas party season.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I would say that if you are exercising/working out then your appetite is increased, therefore you eat more than you would normally. I also find that if I do lots of walking or do some aerobics I'm fine but if I hit the gym then i don't get a good loss, strange eh? lol xx

Hello ladies,
I'm pleased to see a SW topic. I lost 2 stone last year on this diet and then put it all back on since January (gutted) :(
Went back last week and lost 3 1/2 lbs I need to loose 22 lbs in 14 weeks ahhh !!!
I have a question ... When I do exercise I don't loose weight strangely. I want to exercise but need to loose weight quick. Does anyone know why this is ? I know muscle weighs more than fat but surly normal people loose weight when they exercise ?

I heard before its something to do with the water you've kept. Something along the lines of when you exercise you build up water which doesn't shift for 48 hours therefore you may weigh more in that period of time?

I'll confirm with who told me and re post but I'm pretty sure that's why

If so best not to get weighed after exercising or don't exercise within two days of weigh in.

X

Just made Moroccan meatballs and rice of the website. It's amazing x

I was supposed to sign up last week but was unable to go so I'm off for my first weigh in in 4hrs gulp.
I may just get on the wiifit so I have an idea n not be shocked when I get there lol.

I joined last week & lost 4lb in my first week!!
I'm doing extra easy & love it as I'm not cooking different meals for me & the kids!!

Hey guys

I love slimming world and will post recipe for the quiche once ive been back to group on wednesday evening.It will be first time back for me since April due to an extremly over active thyroid problem.I went down to 8.5 stone from 10 stone 3 lb on slimming world and felt great,i started losing alot quickly and went down to just under 8 stone and my group leader demanded i go to gp for testing,which is when the thyroid problem was discovered.

Once my meds were in system i stabilised but recently (in the last month or so)have gone up to 9.5 stone again :-(.

So am going back again to re start this week.
Il post any other good easy recipes i have already aswell once i dig all my info out.I bought every s w mag going so have alot!!!

Ive just started doing circuits aswell (ouch!!) and gave up smoking 4 weeks ago so im on a mission!!

Will be great to keep track with this thread to see how we are all doing xx

Latest posts

Back