Slow cookers used for keeping towels warm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

Can someone tell me how this works? Do the towels not burn?

I went for a facial last week and the therapist used a slow cooker for the face cloths. I never tell people I am in the industry as I have had mixed reactions in the past so didn't want to ask her.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a slow cooker that has never been used and the warm face cloth was a really nice addition to my facial x

I Use my hot stone heater which is essentially a slow cooker just wet the towels and put it on low it doesn't burn them at all xxx

I use s slow cooker for my towels and it works fine.... mine has a ceramic bowl and I use the warm not cook setting....burning hasn't been an issue . I usually make the towels slightly wetter than they need to be too. ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The barber in my last salon used to do hot towel shaves and he had a slow cooker for keeping his towels warm.

He used to boil the kettle and pour water in over his towel and have it set to warm. When he needed it he would wring the towel out and use...never understood how he didn't scald his hands! I guess wetting the towels and then maybe adding a bit extra water would be easier...and less burny!

Hello

Can someone tell me how this works? Do the towels not burn?

I went for a facial last week and the therapist used a slow cooker for the face cloths. I never tell people I am in the industry as I have had mixed reactions in the past so didn't want to ask her.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a slow cooker that has never been used and the warm face cloth was a really nice addition to my facial x

In Montana the board has made it illegal to use slow cookers to warm towels since u can't regulate the temp. I use a towel warmer from bed bath and beyond at the moment. I have one for my facials and another i share with co worker for our pedicures. I would however love to get a professional one. Does anyone know of a brand that works the best?

Latest posts

Back