Slow slow slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it me or is anyone else really quite at the minute?

My salon has been open now for about 16 months and I thought by now I would be ALOT busier.

Me and staff try and do the odd leaflet drop in our spare time, I send out a text for monthly offers to all our customers on the database.

I dont know what else to do feel like just shutting up now lost all confidence I ever had :|:|:|

Any advice from anyone would be greatful x

anyone please ???

Over easter I was quiet, so booked time off to go away (& then got around 8 new clients call for a last minute appointment grrr).

This week has been 'ok' & next week is back to normal & busy! Im mobile though so don't have business overheads to cover as well.

Could you do some online advertising? Maybe a facebook or twitter competition?

Look at advertising in a local magazine?

Xx

I'm mobile too, I've been up and running just over a year now, and it was only last month that I was able to start calling myself busy! Touch wood its finally getting off the ground, the majority of my clients are regulars, every week or two, and I finally feel like all the tears, struggling, expense etc has been worth it!
Word of mouth & recommendations are my biggest advertisement! Facebook is good for getting interest and the odd client. I always carry business cards with me and hand them out at every given opportunity (like the lady trying on the same style shoes as me & complaining about the state of her feet - she now has a weekly pedicure!) I have done big leaflet drop campaigns but I find you only get a few clients, and most are just one-offs.
I don't have the overheads a salon does, but I gave up a full time well paid job to start my own business, so I do know how you feel. There were days when I cried through guilt because we simply couldn't afford those little luxuries we were used to; a day out at the zoo, a trip to the cinema. But with my husband support we struggled through... And I can finally say I'm glad we did! If you can manage financially, keep at it my lovely, it WILL get better x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies.

Next Tuesday I have no one at all in the salon which is not good at all so I'm going to send one of the girls leafleting and going to take my daughter into the salon to pamper her lol

Latest posts

Back