Small business, expensive machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi. Just looking for advice and other geeks experience. I'm looking to take on a microdermabraision machine for my salon. I've found a machine i would like and it's around £7000 which I can pay in monthly installments. I started renting a room last April, it's upstairs in a sports facility. Business isn't extremely busy but it's building slowly and i still do a part time job two days a week. I don't get a great deal of passing trade.
This machine could make my business a lot busier as no one else is offering this spec treatment in my area. On the flip side if it sat in the corner unused it would cost me more than my monthly rent and could be a drain on my business.
Has anyone else taken on an expensive machine in a small business and has it been worthwhile?
Thanks for your replies in advance and sorry about the essay.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you heard about PAYG Skinbase Microdermabrasion. Excellent company just pay as you go and no expensive outlay?

Debbie

Hi Debbie. Thanks for the reply. Yes I was all set to start up with skin base but this other machine offers light therapy and o2 infusion too and I was really impressed with the results. Skinbase is plan b if I decide that I can't afford this one.

Oh I see. Good luck in whichever you choose. So difficult when it's such a lot of money.

Debbie

Does anyone know the lifespan of such a machine?

I am a small business and have recently taken on the SkinBreeze machine (orbital microdermabrasion, LED, O2 infusion etc) and in the first month it has earnt me £2k, which has massively boosted my January takings! I am buying it over three years, which is how I bought my CACI Ultra about 6 or 7 years ago; these sorts of investments, properly marketed can be the making of your business!

I am a small business and have recently taken on the SkinBreeze machine (orbital microdermabrasion, LED, O2 infusion etc) and in the first month it has earnt me £2k, which has massively boosted my January takings! I am buying it over three years, which is how I bought my CACI Ultra about 6 or 7 years ago; these sorts of investments, properly marketed can be the making of your business!

Hi, it's the skinbreeze machine that I'm looking at! I know they say it only takes one treatment a week to pay for your machine which sounds good but being the worrier I am I'd like to know an exact price before I pay the deposit not after I put a deposit down. I'm glad it's going well for you and I hope it goes as well for me once I've finally saved the deposit

I bought a caci ultra last march. Best risk I have taken. Do some client research to see who is interested straight away! I thought about it and researched for a year! If the skin breeze is costing you 7,000 I would borrow a few more and get a ultra or an ultimate :) also get your loan elsewhere. There interest is crazy!

I have a CACI Ultimate and a Ionzyme DF Machine from the Institute for Anti Ageing - I am also a home salon with two treatment rooms. These machines are fantastic and can not recommend them highly enough. To make them a success do as much market research as you can, I find that they are really only appealing to the affluent as £500+ for a course is not the average luxury to most. I do a lot of advertising but in the glossy magazines that are found in hotels, offices and affluent areas in and around my area. I do special offers on a few treatments a month to make some treatments affordable to the majority who pass by my website, and I am gaining new clients weekly at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm definitely going to do some market research but im glad to see that small businesses are having as much success with these treatments.

Quite often these sorts of machines can be a big point of difference, so that you can attract a different type of client. That way you're not going for the often saturated eyelash extension, nail & spray tan market.

Quite often these sorts of machines can be a big point of difference, so that you can attract a different type of client. That way you're not going for the often saturated eyelash extension, nail & spray tan market.

Agreed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

So true x

I want to do this too but trying to convince my dad (who is a "silent partner" but not very silent) that it will be a worthwhile investment is like talking to a brick wall:banghead:
I'm hoping to use this post to convince him :) xx
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am too interested in a facial machine, hoping to see some at work on Sunday in London! It's either this or an IPL hair removal machine. The cost is worrying...

Latest posts

Back