Small manicure jars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat123

Reaction score
Ladies,

I will soon be at the end of my studies and have started getting clients home however I have a question about disinfecting my tools. I'm due to buy the litre glass jar to submerge my tools in with barbicide daily but have just purchased the mundo manicure jar and am a little confused!! At the academy I trained in they dilated barbicide in the manicure jar but for the solution to be effective it says 60ml to 1ltre of water. What are these jars used for?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but hygiene is extremely important to me!!

This little jar holding the instruments as scissors, clippers, etc. submerged in liquid disinfectant. It does not matter whether it is ready for use, or mixed with water. If you have only small equipment do not need larger.

This little jar holding the instruments as scissors, clippers, etc. submerged in liquid disinfectant. It does not matter whether it is ready for use, or mixed with water. If you have only small equipment do not need larger.

Sorry not really understanding. How much barbicide would I use then in the small jar? What do you mean no need for larger? I use one set really and disinfect after use.

Why don't you mix a large 1 litre bottle and decant into your small jar? I think that you don't need to submerge instruments for long periods, in fact they rust if you do.

Why don't you mix a large 1 litre bottle and decant into your small jar? I think that you don't need to submerge instruments for long periods, in fact they rust if you do.

Don't get confused with barbicide either, this isn't for sterilising only disinfecting. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I know barbicide is for disinfecting only. Aren't you suppose to submerge the tools in the whole solution? Keen to learn what everyone else does. Plus a little confused with the manicure jar. However if I can dilute solution and use a bit in jar that's great but is it still as effective? Is there a need for me to have both jars?

No, you don't need two jars. Small one is 1/4 litre size, so you only need 15ml of disinfectant added. You can also purchase a ready to use product next time.
If you add more product it will be also effective, but will be more difficult to wash off.

No, you don't need two jars. Small one is 1/4 litre size, so you only need 15ml of disinfectant added. You can also purchase a ready to use product next time.
If you add more product it will be also effective, but will be more difficult to wash off.

Hi Framberry, that is great thank you so much. I've been using way to much!!! Thanks again xx

Im confused I have purchased the power plus and a small jar by mundo. However im confused with how I mix such a small amount for my little jar? Thank you

Im confused I have purchased the power plus and a small jar by mundo. However im confused with how I mix such a small amount for my little jar? Thank you

Just measure :) I have the small barbicide jar, which is labelled for easy use, but I assume the Mundo jar isn't? In that case you need to measure the volume of water the jar holds, up to where you would fill it up to. (fill with water to desired level, pour out into measuring jug, see how much the volume is) and divide the given mixing ratio on the powerplus bottle into this amount.
eg. if the Mundo solution recommends 50ml solution to 1000ml (1l) water, but your small jar only holds 200ml, then your small jar only needs 10ml of solution. Use a pipette with measurements, but obviously you need to calculate this yourself using the correct figures.:)
If the Mundo solution and Barbicide have the same dilution ratio, and the jars are the same size, you can just use 1 capful from the bottle, and it will dilute correctly, but I wouldn't know if they are similar. Hope all that waffling helps you x

Just measure :) I have the small barbicide jar, which is labelled for easy use, but I assume the Mundo jar isn't? In that case you need to measure the volume of water the jar holds, up to where you would fill it up to. (fill with water to desired level, pour out into measuring jug, see how much the volume is) and divide the given mixing ratio on the powerplus bottle into this amount.
eg. if the Mundo solution recommends 50ml solution to 1000ml (1l) water, but your small jar only holds 200ml, then your small jar only needs 10ml of solution. Use a pipette with measurements, but obviously you need to calculate this yourself using the correct figures.:)
If the Mundo solution and Barbicide have the same dilution ratio, and the jars are the same size, you can just use 1 capful from the bottle, and it will dilute correctly, but I wouldn't know if they are similar. Hope all that waffling helps you x
Thanlk you I will have to see how much it holds. I didn't think it would be so small ooppss. It looks pretty but other than that it isn't great with not having any measurments written on. I will have to get smaller measuring jug to see how much it holds.

Why don't you give Mundo a call beforehand and see if they have a recommended easy fix? Such as a capful or such per jar. If it's their jar, and their solution, I can't imagine it being a question they've never been asked before. Might be easier and quicker x

The SMALL Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 100ml.
Mundo Power Plus needs diluting at a ratio of 50ml per 1 litre.
Therefore you need to add 5ml (approx 1 teaspoon) of Mundo Power Plus to your small jar of clean water.

The LARGE Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 270ml.
So you need to add 13.75ml (approx 3 teaspoons).

The SMALL Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 100ml.
Mundo Power Plus needs diluting at a ratio of 50ml per 1 litre.
Therefore you need to add 5ml (approx 1 teaspoon) of Mundo Power Plus to your small jar of clean water.

The LARGE Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 270ml.
So you need to add 13.75ml (approx 3 teaspoons).

Does mundo offer the same benefits as babercide?

Does mundo offer the same benefits as babercide?
From memory they're pretty much the same but you have to remove from mundo or they rust. I would forget and ruin tools. I now use barbicide and if I forget it's not a problem.

Vic x

I've ruined lots of tools in Mundo through leaving them in! So I'm back to using barbicide but I do use Mundo sanitising spray for files and hand sanitisers as I like these x

Ohhh I didn't realise that!

Right, sticking with barbercide then

I'm going to change from mundo to barbicide now...and replace my tools!! Xx

Really, I have never had any problems with Mundo ever, no rusting etc. at all.
I leave my tools in for 15 mins that is the optimum time ( I set a digital timer by the side, as I would forget my head if it wern't screwed on) rinse and dry.
I would rather use Mundo power plus as it lasts 5 days, or the rapid last 7 days. barbicide lasts 24 hrs to me no brainer. :)

One capful of barbicide is needed in the manicure jar xx

Latest posts

Back