Smile line issues!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Not in the best of moods with myself lately.:irked: I'm having smile line issues and it's driving me bloody crazy. I just can't seem to get a deep smile line when I'm sculpting (L&P) over a form. I can do a normal smiley nail iygwim but when I want to get my pionts of the smile deeper I just can't seem to get the hang of it lately :( I have been shown a good few times and have even done it right in class with my tutor. I could have screamed when I did my friends nails earlier on cause they were crap to what I normally do, although she was happy with them I wasn't. Funny thing is when I am practicing on tips I can do them no problem. I need to get my box of tips outagain I think and carry on practicing my smiles more. It's stressed me out so much a tia maria and coke is in order I think...:)

Hi, do you put the white on in one go? I find it easier to create my tip with a small bead first and then use another small bead on top to create my smile.( Just as you would if you had applied a tip. ) Not sure if I'm doing it the right way but i find it easier. Just done mine with forms and it must be quite warm cos it was setting very fast. Bit of a nightmare ha ha x

Not in the best of moods with myself lately.:irked: I'm having smile line issues and it's driving me bloody crazy. I just can't seem to get a deep smile line when I'm sculpting (L&P) over a form. I can do a normal smiley nail iygwim but when I want to get my pionts of the smile deeper I just can't seem to get the hang of it lately :( I have been shown a good few times and have even done it right in class with my tutor. I could have screamed when I did my friends nails earlier on cause they were crap to what I normally do, although she was happy with them I wasn't. Funny thing is when I am practicing on tips I can do them no problem. I need to get my box of tips outagain I think and carry on practicing my smiles more. It's stressed me out so much a tia maria and coke is in order I think...:)
I am a newly qualified technician, not working in the industry yet, sometimes I can do good smile lines, other times they look like I have a bad case of the shakes !! It's just down to practice I think !!!

I am a newly qualified technician, not working in the industry yet, sometimes I can do good smile lines, other times they look like I have a bad case of the shakes !! It's just down to practice I think !!!
Hey, I see you are from Liverpool, I'm just up the coast in Ainsdale, Southport. Perhaps we should get together and have a practice and see if we can get it right once and for all.

Hey, I see you are from Liverpool, I'm just up the coast in Ainsdale, Southport. Perhaps we should get together and have a practice and see if we can get it right once and for all.

Hi:) Thanks. That's sounds like a really good idea. Pm me and we can sort something out.

Dont beat yourself up too much I suspect your clients nails do not naturally need a deep smile and that is why you 'eye' did not sculpt one so you may have just done what suited the nail.
On a form place your bead much lower than you would like, work the bead diagnally up sides forming more of a V shape compared to a U, gently nudge the smile up and into place curving to form a deep smile. Try to accomplish the deeper smile without back-brushing.
Deep smile are all about the 'ears'

Dont beat yourself up too much I suspect your clients nails do not naturally need a deep smile and that is why you 'eye' did not sculpt one so you may have just done what suited the nail.
On a form place your bead much lower than you would like, work the bead diagnally up sides forming more of a V shape compared to a U, gently nudge the smile up and into place curving to form a deep smile. Try to accomplish the deeper smile without back-brushing.
Deep smile are all about the 'ears'

Thanx for that:) I'm going to get my L&p and tips out when I have put my little girl to bed and get practicing. Have a client in on Tuesday for sculpts(I'm charging training prices only to cover products and for experience as I haven't been sculpting long.) and Im a bit nervous about it at the moment. Up until the last few days I was o.k about doing sculpts as they were coming along fine. Wiered isn't it. Must be having an off week or something.

Latest posts

Back