Smilequest - teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick - how sure are you that these clinics would be sucessful?
Would you be willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Why not get your machines in the salons and we would pay you back a certain amount everytime the equipment was used until it was paid for?
Rather like a profit share but when the price to buy the equipment is reached it's ours.

If it didn't take of, you would just come and collect your equipment.
You sound confident you equipment will pay for itself... if it does you get paid.

You want to sell you equipment, we don't want to take the risk of such a large outlay - this would be a comprmise.
You actually get the sale and we get more people through the door.

Nick - how sure are you that these clinics would be sucessful?
Would you be willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Why not get your machines in the salons and we would pay you back a certain amount everytime the equipment was used until it was paid for?
Rather like a profit share but when the price to buy the equipment is reached it's ours.

If it didn't take of, you would just come and collect your equipment.
You sound confident you equipment will pay for itself... if it does you get paid.

You want to sell you equipment, we don't want to take the risk of such a large outlay - this would be a comprmise.
You actually get the sale and we get more people through the door.

because then your not financially committed, so you wont care when nobody shows any great interest:eek:

No mate, the salon owners like me would have business development as the insentive / growth, customer base etc
So obviously the people who are interested in having teeth clinics in there salons like me would care.

ATM it's all one sided, the salon has to be 100% financially and otherwise commited, but the people who are pushing this equipment could just bodge it and scarper.
Your teeth whitening equipment could be a complete waste of money.

You could say the same about newspapers in corner shops... the shop wants to sell them even though they could just return them, the shop wants profit and foot traffic, the printers want to sell there goods and they are confident enough to back there product.

Listen mate, I've paid a hell of a lot of money on my teeth.:)
I tried all the things that they said would do the job. They didn't.
I even paid £££££ at the dentist and it was just pain.
I've got lovely white teeth now...just don't offer me a milkshake at McD's:lol:
No offence meant but it takes a lot of work and money to really whiten your teeth....I've got half the products in my bathroom and can't cope with the pain.
HONESTLY.:hug:

the problem with these systems is that they are way over priced for what you actually get.
all the one hour systems involve the 'agent" putting their hands in the patients mouth - the smilequest bleaching product may be within the legal limit, but it is illegal for anyone other than a dentist to perform dentistry(entering the oral cavity), that is what it seems smilequest are training you to do for the 15,000 +vat, but this in no way makes you a dentist or dental professional.

will smilequest care when the gdc or trading standards shut you down?
probably not, they have your money, and no amount of insurance will protect you in a court of law because you cannot provide legal indemnity for an illegal system,

no matter what the sales people tell you!!!

if you want to find this out for yourself (and you really should do if your thinking of parting with that much money) contact the general dental council http://www.gdc-uk.org/

I have seen the smilequest system being used many times and although not trained have seen the training been done and at the at no point in the procedure does the therapist put there hands in the clients mouth if people are doing that then they are certainly doing it wrong. Trading standards appear to be only intrested in the use of hydrogen peroxide which has been brought to light due to the fact that it lends itself to being used in explosive devices. Also I belive that the house of lords requards teeth whitening as a comsetic not dental procedure. I think the main problem is the fact that the dental professionals have lost their hold on the market and can no longer charge there extortioante prices and I also belive that the popular zoom system dentist like to use has been withdrawn from sale as it caused alot of sensitivity. It is illegal for anybody to supply peroxide over 0.01% including dentists.

various treatments provided by dentists are classed as cosmetic,tooth bleaching is not classed as clinically necessary -hence it is classed as a cosmetic procedure - this does not imply that it is legal for non dentists to perform!

as I said contact the general dental council - after all if it is legal then you have nothing to worry about, and any intelligent business person would want to ensure that any investment they make was secure and legal.

the facts are that the gdc class tooth bleaching as a procedure that should be carried out by dentists only, yes it is illegal for a dentist to use more than 0.1 percent, which is why they do not generally advertise the fact that they use 16 and 22 percent hp.

they don't need to advertise, smilequest agents do, smilequest agents will have a much tougher time in court than a qualified dentist
do you really want to take such a big risk with £18000 of your hard earned cash????

dentists do not invest £18000 they just buy the bleach and perform the treatment
how many of you would perform a breast enlargement operation??/ this is classed as a cosmetic treatment, somehow I cant see many people going to their hairdresser or nail technician for this kind of procedure and I don't think a hairdresser would assume that they are qualified to perform such a procedure even if they paid £18000 for a two day course, (although reading some of the above posts i cant be certain!)

get it????:irked:

well thats ok then where do i sign?

Nick SmileQuest said:
I will be keeping and eye your slander my legal team will. Calm down a little, you obviously have very valid pints however good busienss is not developed in this manner.
We have dealt with the GDC from day one. They don't bother us anymore. Please bare this in mind as we have never been taken to court in 7 years.

Nick.

sorry nick cant make head or tail of this email, if you want to ask me out please use a spell checker

Jom,

great point about profit share however we have road tested it before. Unfortunatley it's simpler all round to revert to purchase / lease / rental or clinic. Oh and yes we now do clinics.

The package on the table now is as follows.

Full disposable system @ £xx.xxx.xx+vat not £xx.xxx.xx+vat!​

12 Months treatment risk insurance through Barclays!
3 training places via our Dentist or Dental Professionals.
15 packs worth £xxx.xx+vat each. Total revenue = £xxxx.xx+vat (optimum situations).
Full legal & marketing support.​

10% DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO HOLD OFFER IF APPLICABLE.​
Why is it simpler, what went wrong?

Is it me or is Mr Nick SmileQuest using this forum as his own personal selling space. I stupidly enquired about Teeth Whitening with SmileQuest approximately 2-3 years ago to see what it was all about and believe me they are sell sell sell. They still contact me now trying to push their teeth whitening system even though I have explained how uninterested I am and how unethical the whole matter is. In this industry you have to care about your clients and the service you give them in order to reap the rewards. I for one do not wish to carry out a treatment that may put my clients health in danger just to earn a quick buck. I am not a qualified dentist and know nothing about clients teeth so why would it be ok for me to go through legal loopholes and hope for the best in order to increase profits. I think people are getting wise to the whole matter on teeth whitening now and realise the best thing to do is leave it to the professionals on this one and that does not include you Mr Nick SmileQuest - I mean the people who have trained for years to become dentists (go and do your selling somewhere else).

Stacey.

I did not want to waste people's time & it was deffintaley not my intention.
I saw here that people were talking about the company I work for.

Q: Would you post?

A: I thinks so.

I have tried to explain why its a good venture hopefully some of the information pertaining to my industry has been usefull however I have already taken too much of peoples time for this I apologise.

Good luck with all of your business ventures both current and in the future.

Regards,

Nick.

why remove the posts nick???????

something not quite legal about them???

in the words of father nick smilequest 'Amen'

:lick:

May I suggest you look into the following:
1: Optident vs Department of Trade & Industry.
2: The E.U. Cosmetic Directive on the usage of H2O2.
3: The SCCP Recomendation.

*_Hi Jom._*

Ultimatley in regards to profit sharing it involves too many people.

The company is predominantley a manufacturer. As a manufacturer, on a rather I suppose bias basis, I / we want business to be as simple as possible.

If we had the HR base to manage machines on this basis honestly it would take our eye off the ball in respect that it takes to much time and resources.

We have created a very simple to use product that (for example) on a lease basis equates to a repayment of around £90.00 per week depending on your credit rating etc, thats one client having one treatment, clients never unless a top up have one treatment at the beginning.

When you can buy a system this way it's easier for us to manage. If you put yourself in the manufactureres perspective what would you do? Concentrate on sales and control market share by way of the fact that we not only manufacture the system, we also manufacture the consumables.

There is a good point to be raised Jom that if you were to profit share ultimatley you would buy consumables. This however has been accomodated in respect of the fact we are now running clinics. So not only do we make all equipment in the UK (Manchester) we know what the profit margins are as a consequence, as market leader we can and will under cut absolutley everybody. The more you add to a thing the more complicated the thing becomes. I.E. risk. If we lent kit to people we would have to police people.

When I say it's simple to rent / buy or lease it's simpler for us and also you can gage on a rent for example how effective the machine is in house as the deposit is fully refundable if you chose not to buy, if you buy in 4 months then the rent paid goes off the price of the machine. (Try before you buy).

This would not be available on a profit share basis. I dont just sell machines, I also provide full customer support back up and marketing consultancy. The sales team all do the same and I know how busy we are. To add another dimension is just not viable in respect of the fact it would cost alot to implement in regards to return and also move our focus from out and out sales and looking after our most important aspect which is of course our clients.

I hope I have answered your question Jom.

*_Please may I ask what are clients general consensus in regards to interest about Lazer Teeth Whitening?_*

OK...
yes I understand you want to do the best for your business but you are trying to sell to people who are probably not as bigger fish as you and the risk for us is far greater, your rent for a machine is not far off my rent for a whole bleeding shop!!!
So this is why heavily financially investing in an unproven is extremally dodgy.

I know you are now going to say, yeah but it is proven... well I would respond by saying it needs to be proven in our salon for me to accept this.
EG. my GF used to sell bottles of sunbed cream easily everyday at a salon down the road from us where she used to work, we thought that would be exactly the same in our own salon... but for no apperent reason we sell less than half of what she used to sell and we are using the same sales techniques and the same creams in the same way.

Rent is £90 a week, OK... we would not be interested in that as like I said I could half rent another property for that.

I am interested in teeth whitening, as long as it's safe and it works and it can make money... simple really, just prove it can and we are away.

Now, how do the clinics work?

Hi Jom.

Basically you provide the clients, minimum of 5. Take deposits from them, £xx.00 per head and one of our Smile Therapists will come in house and do the clinic for you. Now the price to clients goes from £xx.00 for 3 treatments which is a promotion currently. However if you think your clients will pay more per treatment then charge more. The house takes xx - xx% (negotiable) of the clinics take. Thats it. Provide a room for treatment and a bed if you have one, otherwise we can bring one. The Smile Therapist actually works for SmileQuest.

Regards,

Nick.

Sorry ValencianNails I should of double checked. :sad:

Jom. If you want to enquire more about what we have talked about. I am based at the Stalybridge address.

Regards,

Nick. :green:

I thought tooth whiting was risk now, as general dentist council prosecuted someone in court not so long ago who wasn't a dentist, for doing this and they were guilty.

Also what insurance do you have if someone decides to sue you or say you damaged there gums and teeth and they sue salon and you together and will it protect you if guilty in court?

I had someone come work with me who used to be a dental nurse and she said they have to register with general dentist council soon and they would get struck off list for doing this maybe. isn't this a problem :rolleyes: ?

Sam.

Latest posts

Back