Smilequest - teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
hi,

do any of you do teeth whitening?
could you create a demand? is it a good earner?
have you heard of smilequest? if so what are your thoughts?

cheers

We do offer it at the shop but don't get much interest tbh.

I would like to know if anyone also offers teeth whitening mobile?

I would like to know if someone has a history of gum disease and bridge work can they have teeth whitening performed and if so which one ?

I would like to know if someone has a history of gum disease and bridge work can they have teeth whitening performed and if so which one ?

I am doing theeth whitening onmyself only at home.

I was checked by my dentist before going at it. It is very importent that you DO NOT have any gum problems... it is pretty hard on the gums, and you have to be very carefull not to get the gel on the gums. Thats why I was checked first. I am taking a brake from it because my gums need a rest. They are a bit swallen and sore around one tooth and that was on healthy gums!

You cannot bleach crowns bridge work (plastic and porclein) and you cannot bleach theth that have been discolored in the nerve (color that comes from inside the tooth!)

I am not really that impressed. It does not hurt as much as some claims, but it doesn't give that great a result either. If you want the REALLY white theet you have to bleach like theres no tomorrow.... and I really do need my teeth in the morning!

So IMO basically, not worth the money or hazle!

cheers hun :hug:

We used to offer it in the Salon I worked at. Hardly had an interest in it, to be honest.

your welcome loubylou :hug:

Good afternoon.

If you have any questions on SmileQuest and or Lazer Teeth Whitening please feel free to contact me on contact number removed

I would be happy to answer any questions pertaining to Lazer Teeth Whitening and the industry.

Regards,

Nick Thomas.
Business Sales Executive.
SmileQuest.
No thanks.
If your anything to do with Sunquest your support will be rubbish, your engineers always busy and equipment always breaking down with no out of your office hours contact number:(

Thanks for the other replies everyone.

Sorry for my late responce in the thread, my email must have filtered out my subscription/email notification.

Judy -
thanks for the messege, the site doesn't let me use the pager... but business is going really good.
maybe opeing another, still waiting for a landlord to let us have his shop (he wants it as a cafe but got turned down planning but he's appealing... if it fails we will have the premises)
hope you are well too?

I had 3 ten minute whitening sessions done at the beauty show in Edinburgh with Smilequest and it made no difference to the colour of my teeth whatsoever. Biggest waste of £99 in my opinion. I feel like I was robbed!

We had someone come round to the salon to demo a lazer system, I can not remember who it was off the top of my head (it wasn't smile quest) but they did my GF's teeth and we didn't see a noticable differance.

We were looking for something that give that hollywood white... really bright white.
We have a customer who is a dental nurse who has hers done at the dentist she works at, they come out really white so tere must be something differant between the methods used.

Yeah thats what I was after - not bling bling glow in the dark white teeth (jodie Marsh/ross from friends comes to mind) but I did expect a much whiter smile. My teeth are not terrible and I do look after them but I think its nice to have a lovely smile and I wanted mine whiter. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you come up with any recommendations!

I have performed a Demo for one of my clients who has had trays before from the Dentist. She put up with the 3 weeks over night of wear and her teeth did not shift on either occasion and she suffered a really sore throat. I performed treatments on her with our new chemical C1O2 Chlorine Dioxide (which does not cause sensitivity) and her teeth did not shift. The reason for this is that some teeth might not, I would prefer to spend £99.00 than £650.00 - £750.00 to find this out!

I wasn't made aware when signing up for the treatment that my teeth 'might not shift' and had I known this I would not have had the treatment in the first place. It was sold as a special offer - 3 laser treatments for £99 which would usually cost upwards of £600 elsewhere but with the same level of whitening that you would expect from the dentist. The therapist who performed the treatment fiddled around with the colour wheel and tried to say my teeth were whiter but there was absolutely no change other than my stinging white gums! My friends and family couldn't see any difference either and for me it was the biggest waste of £99.

I am in no doubt that the treatment probably does achieve results for some people but personally my experience left me disappointed and out of pocket.

Sorry JOM for hijacking your thread!

I simply can't sell a product to someone when the results vary so greatly. I have been there with other machines in my salon (which I dont have now) but I hear what your saying and yes this is throughout the industry - but I dont enjoy the customer service side when someone hasnt achieved the results they were hoping for. It always ends up that they want their money back - or will refuse to pay or put in a small claims.

I love the sound of teeth whitening and would love it done myself. But I probably wouldnt want to provide the service myself. Thanks for the info.

Hi all.

I have performed a Demo for one of my clients who has had trays before from the Dentist. She put up with the 3 weeks over night of wear and her teeth did not shift on either occasion and she suffered a really sore throat. I performed treatments on her with our new chemical C1O2 Chlorine Dioxide (which does not cause sensitivity) and her teeth did not shift. The reason for this is that some teeth might not, I would prefer to spend £99.00 than £650.00 - £750.00 to find this out!

Ultimatley the average price for a tray system via your Dentist is £650.00 - £750.00. You have to wear them over night for an average of 3 weeks. I can safely say that to date 3 - 4 applications via our, or anyone else's Lazer Teeth Whitening system will provide the equivalent results.

I got mine via the dentists and only had to use the tray for 2 nights before I saw a difference, I carried on using for two weeks, where they reached a whiteness I was happy with, not hollywood white, I didn't want this, total cost was £200.
I now have the trays and if I want to whiten again in the future I just need to buy more product to put in the trays which is approx £20.
I would prefer to go to as dentist to get anything to do with my teeth, i prefer to go to a hairdresser to get my hair coloured.
These people have done years of training and I'm sorry but there is no way I would get them whitened by some one in a beauty salon or a mobile therapist.
My dentist gave me 10% to use at home, I found this fine apart from one sensitive tooth so with it being a tray system I had the choice to miss that one tooth out every other night to allow it to whiten slowly.

I went to my dentist because I have had sensitive teeth in the past and wanted it done by someone qualified in dentistry. I had an appointment beforehand with my dentist to discuss my worries about sensitivity as I had heard a few people complain about sensitivity after salon whitening.
I had 4 appointments in total with my dentist, one prior to discuss, one to get tray fitting, one to show me how to use them and one a week later to see how things were going.
well worth the money in my opinion and of course he's making money, he's a business man after all just like yourself.
I would rather do things slowly where I am in control of the sensitivity and which teeth get whitened, do salon ones only do the front? I got all my mine done.

Hi all.

You should normally see a noticeable difference after 1 treatment (I always have) bare in mind that the treatment is still working for 24 hours after treatment.

I had my teeth treated the first time and 4 treatments were completed. I changed from a higher 3 (average) to a middle 1 on the Vida 3D shade quide. I had not had a scale and polish for 2 years as I loath the Dentist.

The treatment will always have different results as all teeth are different. Dentists use up to 35% Hydrogen Peroxide. This is illegal as the Legal limit % Hydrogen Peroxide is technically 0.1% (EU Directive). We are able to use up to 6% fexibly, 6% will whiten teeth, however higher %'s as you can probably figure out have different results.

SmileQuest use the legal limit.

Ultimatley the average price for a tray system via your Dentist is £650.00 - £750.00. You have to wear them over night for an average of 3 weeks. I can safely say that to date 3 - 4 applications via our, or anyone else's Lazer Teeth Whitening system will provide the equivalent results.

There are 500 units in total in the UK. SmileQuest have a 40% share and they are manufactured here! We were the first company to introduce the system into the uk after June of 2001 when Lazer Teeth Whitening was deemed a 'Cosmetic Treatment', we were also the first company to manufacture it in the UK and still are. Everyone has followed us. We would not be manufacturing a Full System (Disposable option) for £14.500 capital expenditure if the system could not pay for itself effectively and quickly. If promoted correctly it will pay for itself quicker than IPL / Micro Derm / HP Sunbeds and Spray Tan Systyems. Whether it is our system or not.

Whoever invests in Lazer Teeth Whitneing at this stage will reep the highest rewards. on an outlay of say for example £15.500+VAT the system will pay for itself in 62 of your treatment hours. After this point it is pure profit. Sunbeds did exactly the same. They made alot of money for the early investors however and excuse the cliche the sheep did not benefit any way near as much as the business people.

Lazer teeth whitening is a unisex treatment. It is advertised alot (toothpastes etc) so people are aware of the 'Idea' however have not had the practical.....? One of my good friends who was one of SmileQuests 1st clients works full time as a Mobile Teeth Whitener and I can't begin to explain just how much money he has made. His first clinic generated £3600.00 in one day, his Business has gone from strength to strength. That was 2 years ago. SmileQuest can help you do the same.

Nick. :green:
As someone who works in the dental industry can I correct afew points? There is no such shade guide as Vida,(not in the dental industry anyhow)dentists DO NOT use 35% and the strengths are immaterial.The act of putting your hands in someones mouth,performing treatments and giving clinical advice is deemed as practising dentistry under the Dentistry Act 1984.The General dental council did actually take a'tooth Whitener' to court and won!!!Only a dentist or doctor is allowed to do this under this act.The law has not changed as they claim,it is still very clear.Therefore the post giving a phone no if you want advice on periodontal etc(and its gingivitis without the u)is in itself, illegal.Tetracyclene staining can only be cured by veneers as its in the enamel itself.Oh and ALWAYS have a scale and polish first,however you do it,otherwise you are bleaching plaque which destroys mouths.I would recommend anyone to seriously take professional dental advice rather than from the grab yer money get rich companies who make their fantastic claims,and are encouraging people to break the law.And whether its peroxide or dioxide its still bleach which dehydrates teeth,hence the sensitivity.:green:

nick smilequest wrote
They way I would look at this (i do not mean to condescend) is that you are not Dentally qualified
and thats the problem nick, nobody (including you) become Dentally qualified by paying for the smilequest training, nobody can become dentally qualified by doing a two day course no matter how much it costs :irked:

love the bit about poor old you just wanting to help others earn money while you're trapped in the office :lol:

:idea: if its so good why not just be a smile quest agent nick, yeah pack the boring sales rep job in (your lack of dental knowledge clearly shows thats all you are) and become a £60,000 a year 3 day a week happy person -- no ?

wonder why..............:confused:

maybe because that 60,000 is turnover not profit, maybe because lack of customer interest, maybe because the stuff you sell hardly works, maybe because there is no such thing as a vida 3d shade guide - its vita you t**t

I had my teeth treated the first time and 4 treatments were completed. I changed from a higher 3 (average) to a middle 1 on the Vida 3D shade quide. I had not had a scale and polish for 2 years as I loath the Dentist.

get back to selling cars before you ruin too many peoples lives

Latest posts

Back