smoking ban????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am all up for the 100% ban.

I despise smoking- the way it both looks and smells, and the main reason being my Dad died from lung cancer almost 5 years ago.

OK, it wont stop people from smoking altogether, but if at least one person is put off by the inconvenience of not being able to smoke in a public place, then maybe one more person can be saved from such devasting smoking relating diseases.

gem21 said:
i am a social smoker and i work in a pub so i think its stupid, more to the point price of beer in shops is going to go up because people are going to have a drink in the house with their mates round. i think they should have a non smoking section in pubs, its absolutly rediculous!!!!

I’m sorry I don’t agree I too work in a pub but its not just cigarette smoke its smelly old men that smoke pipes. Sometimes the smoke is that bad that my eyes are streaming in pain... I think people will still go to the pubs and if your just a social smoker surely this will be better for you as you wont smoke as much anymore? Why would you want to get up to go outside when you’re right in the middle of a conversation? In the pub where I work we have had many smokers and non-smokers come up to us and ask when the pub is becoming non-smoking. It will mean that my lungs aren't going to be as bad anymore from passive smoking.

And anyway smoking gives you wrinkles and saggy skin its scientifically proven....

Hi all.

I have to say that, on balance, I'm for the total ban, even though I am a smoker. I can also tell you that I used to own and run a pub here in the UK. Our way of dealing with the smoking issue in the pub was to make the food area (a separate room, but the door to the bar was "open") a non smoking area and we joined the voluntary code (ASH, I think?). As part of the initiative we installed really effective air purifiers. We once had a group of 12 pilots from the local airforce base, all smoking, and a lady came in to the bar and said "oh, isn't it nice to be in a pub where no-one is smoking"!!! We also asked that no-one smoke at the bar (for the benefit of the staff). IF, and I say "if", a partial ban were to be introduced at a later stage, I would think the only way around it would be to have these units fitted everywhere. They are very expensive, though, and only apply to a small number of people - haven't you noticed that smokers (like me) are now in the minority - not like 10 years ago when almost all in pubs/clubs were smokers.

Anyway, I don't like that my personal choice inconveniences others who have chosen not to smoke so I'm actually ok about not smoking in pubs etc.

Cuttie_Pie said:
And anyway smoking gives you wrinkles and saggy skin its scientifically proven....
lol yes i am living proof of this.
must give up
must give up

Latest posts

Back