Smoking issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
I have an issue regarding
long term regular customer (im mobile ) quite often when I am colouring her hair she has a family member or two visit her ,
They both smoke in the kitchen whilst I am working .(the visitors)
Basically the smell makes me nauseous and and my coat and clothes smell ,
I am aware this is the ladies home and she can allow whom ever she likes to smoke , but it’s also my place of work !
I don’t know what the law is regarding this issue and I don’t want to cause any offence or upset .
Wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to handle the situation !

Could you maybe just be honest and say the smell of smoke really makes you feel queezy. I’d say something like that or if you used to smoke say since you quit the smell really gets to you! Most people would understand x

I don't think the law covers you. It is your workplace, but 99% of the time it's her house more than your workplace so if they want to smoke they can smoke.

However I'm sure you can find a way to politely ask that they don't in future.

When they light up I would ask if you could move to another room to do the hair because you don't like being around the smoke. Any decent human being who is smoking will say don't worry i will go outside or in the next room

Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back