SMS text service, client reminders/offers etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley865

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Been wanting to send appointment reminders and maybe offers out to clients. Is there any app I can download for this on an iphone??

I don't really want to get one of those costly computer appointment systems, just something I can use on my own phone but have my business name come up instead of my actual mobile number!

If anyone knows if this exists or some similar idea please let me know, all ideas welcome, thanks!

xx

Aww wow that sounds fab hopefully someone knows away as I'd be very interested

ive never heard of such thing.. would be fab though...
however,
some apps dont always function properly? i dont know if you have noticed it with Apple stuff, but you can download some apps that will work one day & wont work again for a week or so.

how about getting a Business only phone?
just to be able to drop your clients a text a few days in advance to remind them of the appointments. i'm mobile & find a text reminder works well!

have a few saved messages, so when you send them out theyre all the same and you just fill in the blanks (clients name/appointment etc)

and when clients try to reply using the number, about querys, just text back a automated sort of message asking them to call the salon as texts cannot be responded to personally

im no help to your question unfortuently but like the sound of that! hope someone on here knows if it is possible! x

Hi I'm pretty sure you can do this, but I can't help any more haha!
But we have a computer system and to be honest the texts havnt done a lot and costs a lot of money but it is a good idea, before we used to call everyone the night before!

It's not an app but look at Text Tank if they're still around. Bulk messages cheaper than normal texts. Sorry I can't be of more help but google them, I was looking into it a while back.

Thanks alot guys

Anyone know anymore???

PSA for iPhone from the app store. Appointment book and record keeping also.

There is an app called group text

Thanks for the mention - just wanted to add, we also manage your appointments, client cards, staff, produce reports.. :)

Its a really good sytem, ive been using it for a couple of months and when my paper appoitnment book runs out im not buying another!

The SMS service has had lots of positive feedback from my clients and has saved 2 people from forgetting. It automatically does it so you dont have to remember you set up how many hours before the appoitnmetn you want the reminder set and buy credits via paypal. Easy peasy :)

Thanks for the mention - just wanted to add, we also manage your appointments, client cards, staff, produce reports.. :)

You are welcome, I already use the appointment management and reports etc. I have a couple of questions though, would you mind if I PM you or is there a "procedure"? LOL

You are welcome, I already use the appointment management and reports etc. I have a couple of questions though, would you mind if I PM you or is there a "procedure"? LOL

Feel free, happy to answer any questions, or you can email the support team direct at [email protected], whichever you prefer.

Feel free, happy to answer any questions, or you can email the support team direct at [email protected], whichever you prefer.

The email support is great such quick responses. I have emailed many times, sometimes with the stupidist of questions!

x

In the past I have used a text service called Txtlocal.co.UK
It is very cheap and easy to use

I think the difficulty you will have will be finding a software app thats available on apple hardware, most salon software [which is what you are looking for, albeit an app] is windows based.

The best work around would be a salon diary software such as our SoftBooking, and access this remotely from your Iphone using a remote connection app.

drop me an email: [email protected]. and ill talk you thru doing this - no hard sell i promise.

Sean
Software Solutions UK
SoftBooking Distributor [UK]
0845 838 0857
Salon Software Home
SoftBooking for Salons | Home

Hello I have just signed up and love it...just wondered are the texts automatically sent out?

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back