SNS and insurance cover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieG

Reaction score
Hi I have recently completed a 2 day course with SNS official UK academy and forwarded my certificate to Babtac but they don’t seem to recognise it. Has any one else had problems with insurance?

A level 2 VRQ in nails is usually a year long course so I’m not really surprised they won’t recognise a 2 day Nail course.

Did your trainer not recommend a linked insurance provider as usually, the short course companies purchase accreditation from a specific insurer who agrees to provide insurance cover to students who have successfully completed the course.

If your training doesn’t offer this then maybe you need to think about re-training with a leading brand such as OPI, CND, Young Nails etc. or complete a nationally recognised qualification via the college route.

Their website says that
"At the end of the training, you’ll be fully qualified as a Certified SNS Nail Artist (Level 1) " as far as I can see.

To work on paying clients you should have level 2 or above I thought.
on the website it says to bring your nail technician tools with you to the classes which makes it sound as if you should already hold a nail qualification before attending this training?

Sounds like this is product training rather than fundamental skills.

I may be wrong though.

Your best route would be to now complete a recognised level 2 or 3 in nails / beauty.

I am NVQ level 3 qualified and have been working in the industry for 12 years. I am trained and insured in other systems such as Gelish etc and didn’t think this would be a issue to be covered as it’s a classroom environment course with a certificate at the end and it’s a large company. I know other therapists on my course with other insurers are having the same problem. Not a great start to a new system!

I am qualified to level 3 yes so that’s not the problem. It’s just this service I can’t get cover with which I was not expecting having added lots of new treatments to my insurance.

Latest posts

Back