So angry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Long story but- I left a salon I was working at beginning of October, left on bad terms. Anyway I started up my own mobile hairdressing and had an advertisement in the local paper. I have had clients who I used to do in the salon contact me as they realised it was me. One of my clients told me that the salon are still booking clients in with me and when they turn up someone else does it. They are telling clients I am off sick (mentally ill!) all because I got a bit of anxiety!) So annoyed! It's not fair!! Grr! Sorry long story! X

Why don't you go to the salon and tell them you want them to stop what they are doing or you will take further action don't call them go into the salon x

That's pretty out of order, I wonder if you have any legal standing here? Maybe a call to citizens advice? Perhaps get someone you know to record booking in with you for evidence?

Long story but- I left a salon I was working at beginning of October, left on bad terms. Anyway I started up my own mobile hairdressing and had an advertisement in the local paper. I have had clients who I used to do in the salon contact me as they realised it was me. One of my clients told me that the salon are still booking clients in with me and when they turn up someone else does it. They are telling clients I am off sick (mentally ill!) all because I got a bit of anxiety!) So annoyed! It's not fair!! Grr! Sorry long story! X

Can I be as cheeky as to ask what the bad terms were? Will be easier to come to a conclusion and advise you, but under any circumstances they are deceiving the client xoxo

That is slander. Send them a recorded delivery letter stating you want them to cease and desist. State that you have been informed of the false and slanderous allegations they have made. State you have clients who are happy to make witness statements and appear in court if needed. They will stop. If you need a hand with the letter pm me. So angry for you! I have been subject to this type of rubbish you don't deserve it. They must be worried. xx

I left on bad terms because it got really bitchy, the manager told me no one wanted me there. I walked out as I couldn't take it anymore! They even told my husband I was mentally ill and I need to sort my marriage out!

You could get some friends to hang around outside the salon and hand out your new info that would really pee them off ,idiots why would thay say you are off sick and to say your are mentally ill that is definitely slander ,my sis is bipolar its not on :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My god your old manager sounds awful. What she is doing is disgusting and she shouldn't be telling everyone you have a mental illness just because you suffer a touch of anxiety, I suffer with anxiety and I wouldn't say I was 'mentally ill'!!! I would definitely seek some legal advice. Xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

like everyone else has said seek legal advice.
also i hate the fact there is a public misconception of people who do suffer with a mental illness , i work with people with mental health issues part time and at the end of the day they are human beings just like us.(sorry about that )
also everyone gets anxiety at some point , i just hate bitter people best of luck with your new venture though xxxxxxxx

The evil moo!
Yes anxiety is if you are being medical classed as a mental disorder, but at some point everyone has had a mental disorder. Have you ever gone around wielding a knife saying things like "bunnies are pink and look lovely in ball gowns"? Have you ever had to go I to the care of trained staff? If not your not really any more mental than I, and it is classed as slander and deception to your clients.
Iv had a mental disorder. It started with mild anxiety, ten turned into physically throwing up in and on my way to work, then a family member died, I ended up in a deep depression. It triggered me to become anorexic and bulimic. I was on anti depressants and something for the anxiety, had to see a councillor and fight my eating disorders. Doesn't mean I'm mental, so anxiety isn't at all mental. Does she never get a bit worried when her children are late coming home? It's also anxiety. Silly moo cow she is xoxo

The evil moo!
Yes anxiety is if you are being medical classed as a mental disorder, but at some point everyone has had a mental disorder. Have you ever gone around wielding a knife saying things like "bunnies are pink and look lovely in ball gowns"? Have you ever had to go I to the care of trained staff? If not your not really any more mental than I, and it is classed as slander and deception to your clients.
Iv had a mental disorder. It started with mild anxiety, ten turned into physically throwing up in and on my way to work, then a family member died, I ended up in a deep depression. It triggered me to become anorexic and bulimic. I was on anti depressants and something for the anxiety, had to see a councillor and fight my eating disorders. Doesn't mean I'm mental, so anxiety isn't at all mental. Does she never get a bit worried when her children are late coming home? It's also anxiety. Silly moo cow she is xoxo

I agree 100%, we all a some sort of anxiety issues at some point. She's been so slanderous.xxx

The evil moo!
I totally agree with this,well said hun.i hope you get this slanderous situation sorted out quickly

Latest posts

Back