So many questions!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raajk

Reaction score
Hi All

Came across this site last week and i am loving it!

I am opening up a beauty salon in Glasgow, one beauty room and three nail stations, its a nice small property great to get me started.

I know i am not going to be able to do it on my own, but how do u think i should go about staffing as i am only just starting out??? Was thinking to get someone full-time to help me out but is that wise as i am just starting out, and if i was on my own i would need someone to man the desk? I am not to keen on rentin out a station and have thought about it. I am so confused, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Also could you advise on average salary for a fully qualified therapist/nail technician?

Also if anyone knows anyone who would be interested in a job, please pm me.

Thanks

Have u thought about taking on self employed nail techs hun, were they rent the space from u. I no a salon not to far from me does this and she does really well from it. Before she even opens her doors she has money coming in and they all take it in turns answering the calls so to speak. xxxx:)

I am opening up a beauty salon in Glasgow, one beauty room and three nail stations, its a nice small property great to get me started. Are you a qualified nail tech or beauty therapist yourself? If you are a therapist, it will be difficult to man your salon on your own as you will hopefully be involved with your clients all day??? You plan to have 3 nail stations - if they are all staffed, all day, then the techs could possibly man the phones and reception between them?

I know i am not going to be able to do it on my own, but how do u think i should go about staffing as i am only just starting out??? Was thinking to get someone full-time to help me out but is that wise as i am just starting out, and if i was on my own i would need someone to man the desk? I am not to keen on rentin out a station and have thought about it. I am so confused, any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm a little confused as to why you are building 3 nail stations if you are not going to be utilising them full time? Is this not a waste of money and will make your salon look empty/underused?

Also could you advise on average salary for a fully qualified therapist/nail technician? Depends on many things, varies between minimum wage and £8 an hour in our part of the world.

Also if anyone knows anyone who would be interested in a job, please pm me.

Thanks

Hope this helps!

Hi

Yes i am fully qualified and will be carrying out treatments, i can see where you are coming from re the nail stations i might consider just two but thought in the long run i might aswell put in a third.

I think i will take on one part time therapist and one nail tech and we can all muck in.

Just not too sure where to advertise, have done so on a couple of beauty websites and will put it up at my local beauty school. Might consider putting an add in the local paper apart from that open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back