Soak off hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swanki

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm fairly new in the business and so far been focusing on Gel on natural nails. I've used gelish and gel ll and find both brands great to work with. I regularly get asked to do extensions and have done training in acrylic and hard gel.

I found the odour and lack of ventilation in winter times a problem with the acrylic. I'm using Nsi l&p. Has anybody tried and found any of the low odour options any good? I have ordered a small sample of ProHesion from harmony and am feeling hopeful. Also looking at tables with ventilation. Hoping to see a seller at Excel in a couple of weeks and learn some more. Big investment so would love to hear how you lot dealt with similar issues.

Hard gel, where do I start? Several soak off led cured hard gels have recently been brought out by the look of things. I'm going to Excel to buy some products and would love your input. Has someone had a chance to try and want to share their experience with me. Mainly based on already using some of their products before I'm going to visit gelish, gel ll and NSI for more info but would love to hear from you lot.

Thanks all x

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I converted about 6 months ago from nsi to nail harmony prohesion and love it. Nice to work with And I don't find the odour as bad as with Nsi personally.
Xx

Thanks for reply. I'm looking forward to my delivery now :) x

I use Calgel. It is suitable to extend with. You can use tips or sculpt with. I have tried numerous other hard gels. I find this one has been the best. Comes in colours too. Love it.x

Thanks for sharing. Is this set in UV or LED lamp? What I'm wondering is if the led cured systems have been improved as several companies seem to be launching them out at moment. I was told that uv cured ones were stronger. Is that still so? I'm working on my own and am full of questions ;-)

If you are looking for a gel to be able to use for extensions not all soft soak off gels have enough strength. I use Bio Sculpture who have several different gels (all soak off) but also have a sculpting gel (renamed hard gel) this as it states can be used to sculpt with for a shorter extension, can be Infilled &. soaked off. No noticeable odour.
With regards UV & LED cure, led still used uv output but the bulbs are leds so never need changing unlike a traditional UV lamp. LED lamps last approx 50,000 hours and uv approx 100 hours. Led has a quicker cure time (from 10,20,30,45 seconds) and uv is generally 2/3 mins.
Led & uv curing do not affect the strength of the gels, although I have noticed a nicer, shinier finish is archived when using bio sculpture gels with their led.

Very helpful. The more info om armed with before the show the better :) xx

Very helpful. The more info om armed with before the show the better :) xx

Check out Doug Schoon for more articles about led / uv and such he is fab!

Latest posts

Back