Soak off when client doesn't know what's on her nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink_Princess

Reaction score
I have someone who wants their overlays soaked off but they are not local, can't remember the name of the salon they had them done at and don't know what product it is! How would you go about this? Would you buff top off and try soaking? Or just buff off? Help! X

I would just lightly buff of the top layering use pure acetone to soak off :)

I get a lot of clients like this.

They say it's Gels, but when I ask them to explain was the product like a Gel (and I show then my gel) they say it wasn't that. Then I show them l&p and they say it was that.

If they had acrylics done in a NSS it's a nightmare to take off!
I get all this information before hand, and tell them removal can take longer and it won't be the standard price for removal.

Does the client know for sure if it is a soak off product? I would attempt to soak off one nail to see and in the mean time begin buffing over each of the others to get started. If it looks like it is soaking off then that is the way to go.

Make sure you let your client know in advance how much you are charging per 15minutes or half hour it takes to soak or buff off so that you are paid for your time.

She said she had seen others in the salon soaking nails in a bowl, I know that kind of means nothing! All she can say about what she had is a gel was cured under a lamp and her fingers were dipped in a powder. Ill try buffing and soaking and see how we get on! X

Whatever you decide, make sure that you charge your client for the soak off per 15 min/ half hour etc... and let her know about this well in advance so that she knows to be prepared.

Also bare in mind any possibility of what may be revealed under her current enhancements. her nails may be in great condition or not.

Whatever you decide, make sure that you charge your client for the soak off per 15 min/ half hour etc... and let her know about this well in advance so that she knows to be prepared.

Also bare in mind any possibility of what may be revealed under her current enhancements. her nails may be in great condition or not.

I had this a week ago, new client wanted gelish, she said she had Mani Q on, I know of mani Q so i know it would soak off......or so i thought.

The remover didn't touch the colour on top only slightly softened it a teeny bit, so i had to buff off and use a curette to help me remove it, once the colour was off there was a build up of about 1mm/1.5mm of base coat! :Scared:

So i then had to file off whilst being so careful not to damage her nails.

I was successful in the end thank god, but she had had quite weak nails & she also had a greenie too :(

So you may get nail coatings off but it whats underneath thats scarey too.

Latest posts

Back