Social Networking Marketing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find the answer using a search.

I have been getting other salons and beauty supply companies 'following' or 'liking' my Twitter and Facebook Page. Is there any benefit to doing this other than pushing up the figures and if I do the same in return will my clients get to see their posts and information? With Facebook I have a personal profile so could maybe help out others by liking them through that but again, would this information get 'shared' through my business page?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming sorting out setting it all up. I'd rather not have potential clients getting access to other businesses information.

Thanks

Hazel

Facebook- it may share that you like their page... Ie your friends will see it- so it is advertising their business. Not the end of the world if your personal page is just that. (Unless some friends decide to like them too)

If you "like" any picture/status that may also be shared with your friends.

It shouldn't show anything on your business page though.

Twitter this is where your followers can also see their business- if they look. these business' could also have access to your followers, and may well follow them too. Unless you protect your account.

Xx

As Steph86 says, your clients will be able to see anything that you 'like' and that you have 'liked' their page but they won't see real time posts from the companies you have liked. If you are not in competition with them I would recommend liking people in your industry as it creates a community and if you have mutual likes then their customers will see what you do as well.

I do think that social media should be playing a much larger part within the beauty industry as the industry itself is so focused around word of mouth and relationships. I think over the next 3/4 years social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc will be responsible for a huge part of a salons revenue.

You may want to look into a social media manager as part of your future marketing exercises.

Latest posts

Back