Soft Gel Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noisysmurf

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a newbie here and have just qualified as a nail technicain in Mani/Pedi & uv gel extensions.

I'm looking to book a soft gel course too... just wondering i'm really interested in trying the Icon Soak Off Gel's but can't find a course for it, do i have to do a course for each brand??

I trained with Sally's Salon Services and they kinda put it across quite harsh they we must ONLY work with what we are taught with... is that just a sales tactic or is this true??

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Lucy
x

I haven't heard if this brand Icon soak off gel...I googled it though and only found it for sale on Amazon.
I really wouldn't advise buying professional products from Amazon, there would be no technical support, and as you say no training!

It is not so much the different companies who want you to do the training, but the Insurance companies, as if you have a certificate of training to use a certain brand then that is all your Insurance company will cover you for.

Its not off amazon, The trainer on my nail course told us it was a new one coming out that is supposed to be amazing and i've just found it from a beauty supplier i use (not sure if allowed to name)

Hmmmm so technically i will have to do a course for whatever brands i want to use for insurance purposes and support etc...

I've just heard of this from a Cuccio trainer. You can buy the kit with free training from www.beauty-sale.co.uk .

I don't no to much about it so I would be interested if anyone knew anything about it.

What does your cetrificate for gel say?

My gel certificate allows me to work with most brands (unless that brand requires you to train with them to buy it - like CND Brisa). I can use hard buff off gels and soft soak off gels under the one certificate but it will depend what your certificate says your qualified in.

There are many brands of gel out there, some of these will have courses you can attend to convert to their products, others will offer training in just the use of their products and then others will train you to work with most brands & products.

You need to check what you have already then if you need to train again I would look into training with someone that qualifies you to work with most brands.

I've just heard of this from a Cuccio trainer. You can buy the kit with free training from www.beauty-sale.co.uk .

I don't no to much about it so I would be interested if anyone knew anything about it.

Thats fab! Thats where i found the Icon Soak Off Gel! Didnt realise they offer a course with it!! :D

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back