Soft nails, gel polish help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine started to break yesterday . I've had to chop them all down . Gutted .

Interesting about the acrylic . So just the powder to be dusted on . As in sprinkle or apply with a brush ? Doesn't it make the polish look grainy ?

Thank you for all of the above posts . Some really good tips .
Hey, do you buff this off or does it soak off ok? I fancy this for some of my ladies.

I've been looking into Acrygel & wanted to maybe see if it can be done with tips. It can. But no where teaches it.
Yes I just 'dust brush' the acrylic powder on, it does look grainy at first but after your second coat of colour gel and then top coat you have a smooth finished glossy nail
It soaks off with no problem. Haha nope we don't get taught that....tricks of the trade I guess ☺️

Sorry late commenting but The builder Gel with Jessica Geleretion add strength I love it on clients with weak bendy nails .

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472243804.639475.jpg

This is exactly as per experiment for the same reasons listed from original post. And also bcoz I like to experiment on my own nails.

So base layer is IZ gel , apply 1 coat : I sprinkle acrylic powder using a spoon over the Nail BEFORE it goes into the lamp, and then cure. It "can burn" not badly just a quick zap as the product fixes. Wipe with isoproalcohol (can't spell that sorry) or calguard.
THEN

Apply 2 colour coats of gel polish NSI in my case - do not wipe the nail yet!
Then a layer of IZ gel as the top - then WIPE with calguard or isoproalcohol .
And then to top of the experiment I applied a cost of Nsi topcoat uv ! Then final wipe with Nsi purple cleanse .

Don't do this to clients or let suppliers know about our crazy experiments.
Reason I used uv gel topcoat is that it is or creates a more seal effect for colour transfer issues. So as an experiment I ate a curry the traditional way tonight with my hands and no stain!

Bingo!!! So they have last few days so far and the curry test so I am flipping impressed I must say!

Sorry late commenting but The builder Gel with Jessica Geleretion add strength I love it on clients with weak bendy nails .
Thank you . Is this a hard gel ? At what point in the process do you use it ? Would it work with gelish ?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back