Solar Oil drying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
I've been reading copious amounts of historical posts but so far haven't found an answer to this.

About six yearsr ago I had fibreglass nails for the few months leading up to and after my wedding. My nail tech used and sold me a bottle of solar oil and I used it religiously and I have to say my cuticles seemed especially dry.

I now write a beauty blog and do a lot of nails and whilst trying to get my nails into tip top condition I bought some solar oil and started using it religiously. This was a few months ago and my cuticles almost immediately started to dry up and get nasty.

Reading through the forum I see it frequently mentioned and it seems to a sort of holy grail type product...any ideas why its so bad for me?

I'm about to train and I can't see me being able to offer it with any confidence to my customers when qualified.

Sounds like you might be having some form of reaction to something in Solar Oil. Do you have any nut allergys?? as Solar oil has a few nut oils in it and it is no recommend for use on people with peanut allergys.

Another thing is, where did you get the oil from? Could be a conterfit product if you bought it from somewhere like ebay.

I have to be really careful what I use on my skin but have never had a problem with Solar Oil and all my clients have been fine with it (in fact they love it too much lol)

I've had lots of positive comments and happy customers when it comes to solar oil, but had my first dissatisfied customer, saying the same as you about it drying out her cuticle area so she stopped using it. Perhaps there's just a small minority who do have some kind of allergy? I find it really strange though that it could have a drying effect! :confused: xxxx

Latest posts

Back