Solar Oil on Shellac pedi?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have just booked in my first Shellac Pedi and wondered if you still advise to use Solar Oil on toes? Before I fully qualified I did my friend a pedi then Shellac, so I soaked her feet before apply the Shellac, I know now to do it the other way but my friend had Strawberry Smoothy on her toes for 3 months with no issues. So is Solar Oil necessary on toes and does soaking the feet first affect anything? I did my Shellac course ages ago and the question never crossed my mind at the time. Xx

Yes I would definitely use Solar Oil on toes to keep the toenails healthy and hydrated. When I do a pedicure I cleanse the feet in a foot bath first but do not soak them x

How long do you cleanse for? Would you soak after applying Shellac? X

Hi everyone! I have just booked in my first Shellac Pedi and wondered if you still advise to use Solar Oil on toes? Before I fully qualified I did my friend a pedi then Shellac, so I soaked her feet before apply the Shellac, I know now to do it the other way but my friend had Strawberry Smoothy on her toes for 3 months with no issues. So is Solar Oil necessary on toes and does soaking the feet first affect anything? I did my Shellac course ages ago and the question never crossed my mind at the time. Xx

We always wash feet before applying Shellac but we do not soak them so that the nails swell and become saturated with moisture. Nails should be dry on the surface before applying Shellac for best results.

I use Solar oil on my toes regularly but not daily. Feet are not exposed generally to the same amount of dry conditions and chemicals that the hands are exposed to. I would certainly suggest to clients that they use Solar Oil on their toes but not so religiously perhaps as on their fingernails.

A touch of solar oil on the heels of the feet or any other dry areas works wonders too.

Latest posts

Back