Quantcast

Solar oil or almond oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

HandyAndy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Essex
Does anyone use almond oil instead of solar oil? How does it compare? Or does anyone use anything different?
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
HandyAndy said:
Does anyone use almond oil instead of solar oil? How does it compare? Or does anyone use anything different?
Trouble with almond oil is that it takes ages to soak in - far longer than solar oil or cuticle oil (which i use).
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,641
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
HandyAndy said:
Does anyone use almond oil instead of solar oil? How does it compare? Or does anyone use anything different?
The chemistry behind the product SolarOil is really interesting and having a full understanding of it helps one to appreciate just why this porduct is so great.

SolarOil is made up of the very highest quality grade of 4 light botanical oils and contains: Jojoba Oil -- as the carrier oil which does help to soften and open the pores of the skin so that it drinks up the goodness.
Vitamine E oil -- I'm sure we all know about the anti-aging proerties of vitamine E. Rice Bran Oil -- for softening and conditioning
and a bit of Sweet almond Oil
for fragrance.

It is what these 4 oils do together that is the important thing, not what each of them does on its own.

SolarOil softens and moisturizes the skin surrounding the nailplate, reptates through the enhancement to moisturize the nail and also plasticizes the product to keep it supple which helps to prolong the life of the enhancement and also to avoid breakages.

SolarOil also is a natural anti-inflammatory and helps to reduce redness and irritation caused by anything from nappy rash and chapped lips to mosquito bites to sunburn etc etc. Its use also helps to promote healing of damaged tissue if there is any surrounding the nailplate. Many have found that it helps to ease the irritation of chronic conditions such as excema, which helps to reduce stress which helps the condition improve ... etc etc.

There is much more to this product than taking 4 oils and mixing them together, or just using one of them.
 

mgloverfam

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
294
Reaction score
18
Location
chicago, Ill
Wow!! That solar oil sounds great!! I think I'll pick me up some today. A salon upstairs from our spa sells a lot of Creative stuff, and I know they have the complete Solar Nail line. I used to use/sell Pinnacle cuticle oils, but they were just to wimpy. Then I switched to TAmmy Taylor oils which have a wonderful scent, and are very rich. But I will definetely be trying Solar Oil. That's the great thing about being a nail tech, you have umlimited options for trying out new and wonderful products!! Later!
Diya
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
mgloverfam said:
Wow!! That solar oil sounds great!! I think I'll pick me up some today. A salon upstairs from our spa sells a lot of Creative stuff, and I know they have the complete Solar Nail line. I used to use/sell Pinnacle cuticle oils, but they were just to wimpy. Then I switched to TAmmy Taylor oils which have a wonderful scent, and are very rich. But I will definetely be trying Solar Oil. That's the great thing about being a nail tech, you have umlimited options for trying out new and wonderful products!! Later!
Diya
Wait until you smell the Solar Oil - you'll want to eat it!!!
 

talented talons

Master Artist
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
3,176
Reaction score
71
Location
essex
Not tried it yet, so really can't wait to get some, perhaps you can show me yours Caz when i see you next??
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
talented talons said:
Not tried it yet, so really can't wait to get some, perhaps you can show me yours Caz when i see you next??
Lol i dont have any - i tried Debs one!!!
 

Debs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
36
Location
Essex
I can`t believe with all the products I`ve let you try that we missed the best one, lol. I`ll rectify that asap and you`ll be converted
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
solar oil is fab i even use it for my dry lips n any dry skin its great:biggrin:
 

talented talons

Master Artist
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
3,176
Reaction score
71
Location
essex
Have to say we wereso engrossed with doing L&P i forgot to ask about the solar oil, next time i will try it.:biggrin:
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
talented talons said:
Have to say we wereso engrossed with doing L&P i forgot to ask about the solar oil, next time i will try it.:biggrin:
Do you like marzipan??? If you do, you're gonna love the smell of the Solar Oil.
 

yogacat

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
294
Reaction score
6
Location
West Sussex
geeg said:
and a bit of Sweet almond Oil [/B] for fragrance.
.

I've noticed that you're very keen on getting all your facts exactly right...so in that spirit i'd just like to pick you up on something.
Sweet Almond Oil has no fragrance, I am absolutely sure about this as i have 5 litres of it in my fridge. If you look on the ingredients list, it will almost certainly have "fragrance" listed somewhere near the bottom.
 

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,264
Reaction score
666
Location
Leeds, UK
yogacat said:
I've noticed that you're very keen on getting all your facts exactly right...so in that spirit i'd just like to pick you up on something.
Sweet Almond Oil has no fragrance, I am absolutely sure about this as i have 5 litres of it in my fridge. If you look on the ingredients list, it will almost certainly have "fragrance" listed somewhere near the bottom.
Um. It does have a fragrance added... an almond fragrance all knowing and all seeing.

What is with the tone of some posts lately? Is it time we all read the Rules and Guidelines for making posts (its found at the top of every single forum).

Anyone that spouts off negativity like this will find themselves on the wrong side of a ban. There is a way to constructively post and a way to look like an ass. You make the choice.

nJoy
 

Do-it-all Deb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
168
Reaction score
2
Location
Hertfordshire
The Nail Geek said:
Um. It does have a fragrance added... an almond fragrance all knowing and all seeing.

What is with the tone of some posts lately? Is it time we all read the Rules and Guidelines for making posts (its found at the top of every single forum).

Anyone that spouts off negativity like this will find themselves on the wrong side of a ban. There is a way to constructively post and a way to look like an ass. You make the choice.

nJoy
Oh GMG, I do not think that yogacat meant her post to be at all negative. It was meant to be factual. Sometimes we get our facts wrong because as you all know, we are still LEARNING! I personally don't know the answer, because I find the more I learn, the less I find I actually know!
 

TracyUK

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
16
Location
UK
Sam reading the post I wouldn't have thought yoga cat meant anything bad by her post either...more like meaning to be factual and a compliment because Geeg does get her facts right and gives excellent, thorough replies...(i can see your view though as I guess you can read the post either way) My opinion is that the bad thing about posts on message boards can SO EASILY be taken in the wrong way (well you can't see the person to see their tone, their expressions or body language)...and quite often one person will see it one way and another a different way ..emoticons/smilies or whatever u call em lol are helpful but still not the same and can still be confused. Lets give everyone (well almost everyone lol) the benefit of the doubt and keep smiling :)
 

yogacat

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
294
Reaction score
6
Location
West Sussex
Well i'm quite hurt, frankly.
Thank you so much Tracy UK and Do-It-All Debs, for your supportive comments - exactly as you said, if you don't know something, you'll never know until someone tells you or you find it out somewhere, and i was just trying to explain something.
I wasn't rude or insulting, but it's hard to know someone's tone of voice through text alone. In fact, sometimes i've found Geeg to be a bit intimidating, but it's probably for the same reason that you thought i was being rude - misunderstanding.
 

diesel1978

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
777
Reaction score
12
Location
North Yorkshire
Please don't get upset like u said it is just a BIG misundertanding!!! I read your post minutes after u did it and i in no way found it rude etc.....but if it had been read incorrectly.....ie had it of said 'i notice you are NOT keen on getting all of your facts right. Then it may well have been seen as being sarcastic!!! I really do think this is just a big misundertanding.........chin up we still love ya!!!
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
Yogacat - chill - all is well and we can see where you were heading - including Geeg - who yes - is renowed for up front speaking - on a professional level - it's invaluable - on a personal level I am incredibly proud but still wonder if she should tone it down on occasion - she won't be mad - we have discussed this in depth!!! :)
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,641
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
Mrs Geek said:
Yogacat - chill - all is well and we can see where you were heading - including Geeg - who yes - is renowed for up front speaking - on a professional level - it's invaluable - on a personal level I am incredibly proud but still wonder if she should tone it down on occasion - she won't be mad - we have discussed this in depth!!! :)
Well I wasn't offended if that means anything :green:

I am what I am ... and that is a person who never means to be rude or sarcastic.

I do shoot straight from the hip and at my age, do not think that will change. I do not beat about the bush and I don't lie ... so you know where you are with me.

I have taught 1000's of students and never been told I was demotovating or anything other than inspirational and helpful if that counts for anything.

Some may find me intimidating but that is because they don't know me. Anyone who does know me would never say that, I hope :rolleyes:

I'm not going to stress over the phrase Sweet Almond oil for fragrance or Sweet almond oil and fragrance .... it is a pretty trifling matter and not a big issue. But thank you for putting everyone straight with the facts cause as you all know I only like the FACTS and Yogacat is an expert in her field.

I'm pretty sure that Samuel had just read the post where someone else chose to blast me out of the water and thought ... now wait a minute is it "get at Gigi night or something?" I know there are a few who would like to but didn't think you were being one of them. ;)

This is way off topic!
 

Latest posts

Top