Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeauty

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks! Just a quickie please........ i bought Solar Oil from a therapist years ago when i had Acrylics myself.... but have recently qualified as a beautician myself yeah! Just had my Minx training (through Ellisons, bought kit the same day through them) and loved it - just waiting for my kit but want to be using Solar Oil on my clients as I have been using it (yes the same bottle) alot recently on my natural nail and OMG what a fantastic improvement........ not got an account anywhere at the moment... bottle nearly empty......... hence my question, how can i get of of some more or do I have to wait for my certificates... HELP? Suggestions gratefully received as always x:hug:

Hiya. Have you tried phoning ellisons or sweet squared to see if you can buy it without a certificate. If you trained through ellisons they must have a record of you being qualified. Alternatively, maybe you could buy some from a local therapist at retail.

Hi Redduck, no i havent, I'm assuming then it is wholesale only (which is obviously a good thing).... I'll ring Ellisons in the morning.

I'm using it myself morning and night on a natural nail with no polish, but on a client at what stage of a mani, pedi or minx or for that matter Shellac (got my Shellace training on Monday) would you use it?

Sorry if I sound naive - but i am a little.. Even though ive done Beauty Therapy and did enjoy it (although hard work) I really feel nails is the way for me to go....absolutely love it - hands or feet.......... lol x:o

Hiya
Afraid I don't do minx so I don't know when/if you use it for that. I'm being minxed tomorrow so look forward to finding out. I have shellac on my fingernails all the time now and use solar oil daily. They'll tell you all you need to know at the training. Enjoy it! I did mine in Manchester and it was great fun.

Hi again, forgot to say "thanks for replying". Really looking forward to Shellac training - it seems the right way to go:green:. Bit worried about the expense as i just bought by minx kit but hey ho.... Shellac looks great, and worth it and i cant wait!!!! Thanks again!!:hug:

P.S Would you recommend the Acrylic training as well, at some point, I know gluten for punishment :lick:

I've never done acrylic so hopefully someone else can advise you on that. I fell into nails by accident as lots of my elderly clients wanted me to cut their nails when having a holistic treatment but I wasn't insured to cut them. One mani/pedi course later and I was hooked after saying I'd only ever do holistic treatments! Be careful - once you start you never stop!:)

lol i know.... thanks again I'm loving Salon Geek... x:hug:

If you phone the academy where you did your training they might let you order from them as they will know you did the course xx

Hi milliondollars - thanks for this. OMG lovin your nails on your profile pic - can i be cheeky... Minx, Gels,Acrylics, Shellac, Nail Art ?????? Fabulous!!!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease what are they? Thanks x

No they are all just nail art with paint! Was just messing around one day showing the girls and did them xx

Really looking forward to Shellac training - it seems the right way to go:green:. Bit worried about the expense as i just bought by minx kit but hey ho.... Shellac looks great, and worth it and i cant wait!!!! Thanks again!!:hug:
:lick:

Shellac is well worth every penny. You'll make your money back in no time. Best of luck! :)

Latest posts

Back