Solicitors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I posted a little while ago asking for some help finding a place for my salon.

So much has happened since then, I've found somewhere I really like, can afford the rent and getting a contractor to have a look next week and give me a quote.

I have been in touch with solicitors to get a quote on going over the head of terms and they want to charge me over 2 grand!! Is this normal or are they ripping me off?

Every step i take forward and think I'm getting closer I feel like I'm not prepared for this, is this normal to find things out like this as you go along or am o just not built for business.

Sorry to be depressing I just have so much doubt in my mind, I've been having nightmares of people telling me I'm not good enough to start a salon! Need an ego boost hahah

X

That sounds a lot to me!
Don’t be disheartened. We’re not born knowing everything. When I got my salon it was a complete learning curve - Sui generis, head of terms, break clauses. We can’t all be good at everything. I would say this though. Being a fabulous hairdresser doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll run a fabulous business. Learn all you can about making it work. Network meetings really helped me. I met an ex solicitor who read my contract and gave me legal advice in exchange for a full English.

There’s a lot of help out there and please pm me if I can help.

Good luck

Vic x

I thought it was a lot, just feeling a bit overwhelmed.

If you don't mind I'll message you as I need to speak to someone about my cash flow, I'm finding it hard to project my income.

Thank you I'll message you when I have some more energy!

Hi Jamie if your ever stuck for advice feel free to message, opening a salon is huge and very costly. This solicitor fee seems very large but did they say what this covers? and is this a finalised bill?

Hi Jamie

Here’s a service I’ve used before and it worked out really well. You put in what you’re after and you get a number of specific quotes over 3 days.

https://www.lexoo.co.uk/

If nothing else, you’ll get a range of quotes to see if the one you already have seems ok?

Sounds a lot.

My solicitor is on around £300 per hr. I'd show around tbh.

Thanks everyone for help and reassurance, I'm gonna shop around I was just a bit shocked and overwhelmed.

Thanks for having my back! X

Hi Jamie

Here’s a service I’ve used before and it worked out really well. You put in what you’re after and you get a number of specific quotes over 3 days.

https://www.lexoo.co.uk/

If nothing else, you’ll get a range of quotes to see if the one you already have seems ok?
I've just filled in the form super easy! Let's hope I get some better offers! Will be in touch when I need an accountant x

Latest posts

Back