Some Lash Questions xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a few questions about semi-permenant eyelash extensions (will no doubt add more as I waken up a bit more).

1. What are the rules around who you train with etc? If I train with company A, I know I can use company B's lashes/glue etc. Can I also use company B's marketing material etc? Or can you only use marketing material from the company you train with? Are there any other restrictions?

2. Once trained how long was it before you were able to charge for your services? Also when training on friends/family did you charge them anything (even if just to cover the cost of product)?

3. How long does it roughly take to do the lashes when training? I have read that a full set will normally take 1 1/2hrs - 2hrs to do but obviously it will be much longer when training?

4. Do you find lashes to be a seasonal thing or do most people maintain and keep their lashes regularly?

5. Do any of you find the express lashes (e.g. blink and go) are becoming more popular for those wanting lashes for seasonal things like holidays/christmas?

Sorry, my mind has been racing since about 4am this morning, so thought I would get on here and just ask :hug:.

Thanks,
Jen xx

hi there, i will attempt to help you with answers, lol

Usualy, you can use lashes from any supplier once you are certified. Some require you to email in your certificate, but most companies supply to any lashers certified.

It def takes longer to apply lashes when you are new to them. You will want to bash your head on a wall when you first start in frustration, lol. then, with lots of practise, it all clicks into place and your timings come right down. i think my first sets were taking about 3 hours!

I charged a minimal charge after about 6 sets. I was charging about 20 pounds from memory. my family and friends were my first guniea pigs, so didnt charge them!

Lashes are def busier at xmas etc, but most that have them applied become addicted and want to keep them!

I personaly dont offer blink and go, or intend to so cant help with that, sorry x

1. It's up to you who you order from after you've trained

2. I started charging as soon as I felt confident enough! Probably after 5 or 6 sets?

3. It used to take me FOREVER and it was so frustrating but now I could probably do it in my sleep!

4. I think lashes are a lot like nails, you get people who have the odd full set, and you get people who are very regular with them because they are so fab :lol:

5. Don't know about Blink n Go!

Hi everyone, got a few questions about semi-permenant eyelash extensions (will no doubt add more as I waken up a bit more).

1. What are the rules around who you train with etc? If I train with company A, I know I can use company B's lashes/glue etc. Can I also use company B's marketing material etc? Or can you only use marketing material from the company you train with? Are there any other restrictions?
If you are looking at training, look for quality products, good and more importantly accredited training so that you can get insurance once you are certified and make sure that the customer care/support is good during and after training!
Most companies charge for marketing material and those who dont will obviously only let you use their free marketing material if you use their products which is quite reasonable!

2. Once trained how long was it before you were able to charge for your services? Also when training on friends/family did you charge them anything (even if just to cover the cost of product)?

I believe that fully depends on your abilities and how quick you can take the application up and be confident and competent. some students pick it up in a couple of weeks, others take a couple of months before they feel ready or can be certified to be therapists. If you are doing case studies/ practicing on friends/family you should not be charging anything as this is part of your training. If you are certified and yet still need a bit of practice then it is ok to be charging a small amount to cover your cost and time but soon you will be able to charge the full amount as you get more experienced.

3. How long does it roughly take to do the lashes when training? I have read that a full set will normally take 1 1/2hrs - 2hrs to do but obviously it will be much longer when training?
Again that fully depends on your abilities. Some people can manage straight away with 1/5 or 2 hours, some need 2.5 hours when you start, it all depends how quickly you can pick up the application and technique and how comfortable you are with it. One thing is for sure though - with practice you will get quicker and more efficient!

4. Do you find lashes to be a seasonal thing or do most people maintain and keep their lashes regularly?
A lot of people (me inclued) believed lashes to be more of a seasonal treatment, or even just something for parties and/or weddings etc but over the last years it has proven to be a treatment that is very reliable and persistant and needed all year round with the usual peaks!

5. Do any of you find the express lashes (e.g. blink and go) are becoming more popular for those wanting lashes for seasonal things like holidays/christmas?
There will always be clients that want express lashes because they havent got the time or money for the fully isolated application but its up to you whether you want to offer this service or both ?

Sorry, my mind has been racing since about 4am this morning, so thought I would get on here and just ask :hug:.

Thanks,
Jen xx
Hope this helps but if anything is unclear just shout, we are all here to help :hug:

Thanks so much for all your replys, you all seem to be saying pretty much the same sort of things so that is good to hear :)
Hopefully I will sort out some training over the next few days, once everyone is back at work.
Jen x

Latest posts

Back