Some LED supplier quoted support Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FonKulya

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of thread that state they use Shellac with LED lamp with no problem.
I have Nail Harmony LED lamp and have tried the application on plasic color plate and it did seem to cure. Are there anybody out there doing this, do you use shellac or other brand base & top ?

I have also recently seen an ads on new LED lamp that state they cure: Shallac, Gellish, NSI Polish Pro, Geleration,Entity ( all those support LED but also included the Shellac) see link

ikonna LED-hp UV GEL Lamp

I have some old soak off top gel that was for normal uv fluorescent lamp I tried with LED lamp and it also work, but some other old builder gel never work with LED lamp.

So it's kind of confused me is it have to do with the added photoinitiator, or just many kind of gel cure with wide range of light spectrum but at lower rate???

Unless it came direct from the CND laboratories ... I would not touch or buy another type of lamp to cure Shellac apart from the CND lamp.

I could never go back to all that 4 fingers and separate thumb curing again! I LOVE the all at one go five finger curing with my CND lamp .. So fast and efficient.

There are many LED lamp that support five fingers also. I am just wondering maybe CND has already prepared for shellac to support LED lamp without quoting in the direction, only that CND may still be designing the perfect LED lamp for it.

I have move to all LED support polish, and that give me a second thought to futher ordering the new CND color when it will come out. If I know it does support LED I would definetely order them.

There are many LED lamp that support five fingers also. I am just wondering maybe CND has already prepared for shellac to support LED lamp without quoting in the direction, only that CND may still be designing the perfect LED lamp for it.

I have move to all LED support polish, and that give me a second thought to futher ordering the new CND color when it will come out. If I know it does support LED I would definetely order them.

Why don't you email direct to CND and ask? We have not been given the official 'word' from them.

LED lamps will cure Shellac, however who knows to what degree without actual data? Is it over curing them? Under curing it? The specific lamp could be curing it perfectly. The point is, it is an unknown and a supplier telling you otherwise without any supporting data is simply trying to flog you their lamp :)

LED lamps are no different than UV lamps in the sense that their design determines their UV output. It is the UV output that determines if it over cures, under cures or totally cures the system.

The single most common problem people encounter with performance of any UV cured system is an incorrect match up of their system and the UV output it requires.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

I think I understand your point now, I have tried several gel with LED lamp recently, many old gel do get hard, but seem like it's not real cure and as I file off I do see that they are softer than usual. So I guess I just stick to gel vendor's recomendation :)

Thank you

I think I understand your point now, I have tried several gel with LED lamp recently, many old gel do get hard, but seem like it's not real cure and as I file off I do see that they are softer than usual. So I guess I just stick to gel vendor's recomendation :)
You really need to understand that apart from the service breakdown problems you will get when the product is not curing all the way is the REAL big problem of a client/clients having an allergic reaction to the un-cured gel.

I would not want to be responsible for something like that through thinking I knew better than the manufacturers.

Someone mentioned under and over curing. So ifits under cured I guess it just wont last, wont be set and so the next coat wont be great. But what happens if you OVER cure?

Someone mentioned under and over curing. So ifits under cured I guess it just wont last, wont be set and so the next coat wont be great. But what happens if you OVER cure?

Service brakedown is not the only issue

If it's under-cured your client would also be left with partially cured product on there skin this can lead to over exposure and that can lead to allergy !!!!
, just like when the inhibition layer is not sufficiently cleaned off ,
Less likely with shellac when compared to other gel polish products as shellac is 3FREE and hypoallergenic but it's still possible if the cure is compromised .

As for over cure I'm not to sure As your always exposing your hands to UV light day to day .

I believe over curing causes Overly hard, crackable nails. I think they just don't last as well. But I'm not one to confirm this.

Anyone can claim as much as they like their lamp cures Shellac. There is only *one* companies word you should pay attention to and that is CND's. If you don't use the whole system as prescribed by the manufacturer then you are not providing Shellac.

Latest posts

Back