some of my new nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loo

Reaction score
Here is some of my new nail art.
I love the deep chocolate brown with the gold so have decided to do this on my nails too. The smirnoff ice nail art was done for a client who was doing a promotion where she worked which was sponsored by smirnoff and this was their logo for the event. Very fiddly this was one of the hardest nail arts I have done the nails were very short as the enhancments I did were on really short bitten nails. I chose the thumbs to do the nail art on to give me a bit more space to work on lol! The silver glitter tips were my first attempt at glitter acrylic tips. I love the sparkley effect. There's a few others there too I will add some more piccies when I have done my clients xmas nail art!!! I am quite lucky as alot of my clients have nail art now think I have got them hooked lucky for me as I love doing nail art! Yipieeee :lol:

Attachments

• chocgold.jpg
    chocgold.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 7,002
  • rose nail art.jpg
    rose nail art.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9,534
  • slash.jpg
    slash.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,695
  • smirnoffnail.jpg
    smirnoffnail.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 7,850
  • sculpturedsilver tips.jpg
    sculpturedsilver tips.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 3,436
they are fab , i wish i could do nail art as good as you :D

What have you used to do the gold in the 1st set? Is it polish or acrylic paint etc.

They are really nice, dead classy I think.

Very nice indeed, loving the Smirnoff Ice

they all look very nice, ive just done my own nails with the silver tips, i must say they look fab

princessmowgli said:
What have you used to do the gold in the 1st set? Is it polish or acrylic paint etc.

They are really nice, dead classy I think.

I just used a gold nail varnish but you could get the effect from an acrylic paint if you could find one that sort of colour! I used a really thin striper brush to create a random sort of flick which turned out to look sort of checked in the end which I liked!!!

leigh said:
they all look very nice, ive just done my own nails with the silver tips, i must say they look fab
How did you manage to do those silver tips on yourself lol well done love to see a piccie of yours!!! I really like that silver effect!!!

Hi they look lovley.

Is there a knack to flowers i just can't get them to look any good

Thanks for all your replies so far its nice to share your ideas for nail art I know that this is the first part of the forum I visit each time I come here to check out piccies of everyones nail art, I think we should have some more piccies posted of your nail art come on get posting! :smack:

glittergirl said:
Hi they look lovley.

Is there a knack to flowers i just can't get them to look any good

For the roses I just built up very small sections without touching the other section till I had like a stencil effect rose look ie like when you have a stencil you have gaps in between. This way the rose stands out more rather than if it was touching each petal it looks more like a blob then lol. Hope you see what I mean. I used my nail art pens to draw on the shapes and dots etc to build up the finished design.

loo said:
I just used a gold nail varnish but you could get the effect from an acrylic paint if you could find one that sort of colour! I used a really thin striper brush to create a random sort of flick which turned out to look sort of checked in the end which I liked!!!
So would you simply clean your brush with polish remover? I have some nail art pens that have polish in them & I hate them. I used my good stripper brush with them once & panicked to clean it up before spoiling the brush.

Hope that made sense.

after using the nail polish I wipe the brush clean inbetween each flick I have one of those pump dispenser nail varnish removers so it is nice and quick one quick dip in the dispenser and a wipe on the tissue and then your ready to do the next flick. The nail art pens come with their own stiper brush usually but it is a good idea when the brush starts to feel dry and more rigid that you clean it before picking up your next bit of colour otherwise the flick wont work properly. Hope that answers the question.

They are gorgeous Loo, as always.

Thanks for sharing, i always feel inspired when looking at your pictures!

awww bless you thanks it makes it all worth while when others like what you do too! I get so much inspiration from people on this site its nice to give a little back. :hug:

Super nails in a super package! Congrats to you and your dad Loo, your new-look website is fantastic!!!! Very professional too, I wish you lots of success with it. :)

Thanks seanny I didnt even realise it had gone live lol as havent spoken to my dad this morning still need to check a couple of things on there myself but hope its working ok!!!!!

I agree, fab chocolate nails!

Wow! Very lovely! My favourite is the first one! True talent shining thorough - keep em coming! XX

Love the smirnoff ice...did you do the writing on them with a pen or with a brush?

Hi there,

They are fab, really love the ones wih the flowers - they're gorgeous! I've just bought a new digital camera so i'll hopefully get some pics posted soon. Kate xx

Latest posts

Back