Some questions about NSI Illusion Gel? Help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahPierce

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
Just wondering if i can use Glaze n Go over Illusion soak off gel? I did a colour set on my mum and ive noticied after one day there were hairline cracks... I followed all of the correct procedures and i did french on myself and didnt have any hairline cracks. I did use Glaze n Go on my mum so maybe this could have caused the cracks?? I had to remove the tacky layer aswell to put on the Glaze n Go and it removed a bit of colour.. some help would be great thanks!
Also, can i use the Illusion Gel to extend the nails? I dont use tips anymore, i prefer scuplting (forms). Would it be possible to sculpt with the nsi clear forms using the Illusion Gel?
Do you also HAVE to use the Soak Off solution? Can i use Acetone instead?
All answers would be much appreciated. Have tried reading up on other threads but cant get the right answers.
Thanks so much in advance!
Sarah xxxx

It's not advisable to use any tack free gel sealer on soak off gels, they are too rigid on top.of the soft gel and this is why they are cracking. Stick with the illusion shine gel (must be buffed before soaking) or the illusion top gel.
It's also not ideal to sculpt with, it doesn't have the strength necessary to build an extension suitable for practical wear. It's more of a "natural nail" product. You can apply it over a very short (natural length) tip, but as i said, isn't really meant as an enhancement product but more of a natural nail alternative. Nsi balance gel is perfect for sculpting and the illusion colors can be applied over it (there are also tons of beautiful balance colors).
As for some of the color coming off when you cleansed, this means it wasnt cured properly. That would most certainly add to the problems with cracking. The more opaque colors need to be applied and cured in two thin coats and I always do the thumbs separately even in a full-hand lamp. Make sure to keep your application very thin, remember illusion gel is not a traditional sculpting gel and is not made to "build" with, it needs to be applied in polish-thin layers.
And yes you can certainly use acetone to soak off with, just be sure to always moisture your clients nails and hands well afterwards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back