Sophy Robson Master Class

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Well if any of you follow Sophy Robson on twitter you'll know that she has just tweeted about her Nail Art Master Class.

I was SO upset that I missed it last time that I really wanted to take part on the next one...which is in July.

I've just registered my interest and been given an idea of what happens on the day.

It's between 10am - 4pm
Receive a Leighton Denny gift bag
And you learn some nail art
Lunch & refreshments incl
Receive a certificate signed by Sophy
Cost £250

As much as I'd love to do the Master Class, I can't really justify paying £250 just for a nail art course. Yes Sophy's work is amazing! But how much more is she going to teach us?

From what I've seen from the last Master Class, the nail art is pretty much the same as what I do anyway...

I think I'd rather just spend the money on more CND courses/wait for the S2 product announcement/wait to buy new stuff at the September trade show...£250 seems a lot just for a nail art course.

What do you think?

I have just registered my interest. Personally I would love to do it. I love her work. Yeah it's not cheap but I bet it's a good experience. I suppose it depends how much you like her work.

I have just registered my interest. Personally I would love to do it. I love her work. Yeah it's not cheap but I bet it's a good experience. I suppose it depends how much you like her work.

I'm not really sure it depends on how much I like her work. It *really* depends on how much I'm going to learn from going to her class.

I'd have been interested but I don't think I could justify that amount of money on nail art.

It would depend on what I would learn also as opposed to how much I love her work.

My clients aren't aware if Sophy, so the certification wouldn't mean too much to them. All they want is new designs, am I going to learn this on such a course?

However I do love Leighton Denny, so that would be a bonus!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It may not be worth the money to some as depends what you want to gain from it. For me, I would like to do it because her work inspires me and I would enjoy the experience. It may not be worth the money in terms of making the money back by gaining new clients or lots of new skills and I agree that my clients too would not know who she is, so a certificate would not mean anything to them. I love nails and that's why I decided to do my training and make a living from nails. It's a passion of mine and I would like to do this for me even if it doesn't make much business sense.

It may not be worth the money to some as depends what you want to gain from it. For me, I would like to do it because her work inspires me and I would enjoy the experience. It may not be worth the money in terms of making the money back by gaining new clients or lots of new skills and I agree that my clients too would not know who she is, so a certificate would not mean anything to them. I love nails and that's why I decided to do my training and make a living from nails. It's a passion of mine and I would like to do this for me even if it doesn't make much business sense.

I hope you have fun on the course.

Maybe give us an update once you done it, to let us know whether its worth it? x

Hi,
I'm new to this so bare with me lol. I attended Sophy Robson first Masterclasss. I thoroughly enjoyed, it as I got to meet one of the many nail techs who inspire me. But If I'm honest I cant say that I really learnt that much,but this may be due to the fact it was her first one and she was testing the water. I may feel different if I attended now as she has had a few MC under her belt now

I'm sure it would be fabulous as Sophie is quite a character. However, I think it is more aimed at the consumer rather than the pro

From what I've witnessed most of the courses are filled with people who are established nail techs I was just one of the few starting out in the Nail industry. But I think your right Mum ,it was meant to be aimed at the consumer.

Hi Geeks,

Well if any of you follow Sophy Robson on twitter you'll know that she has just tweeted about her Nail Art Master Class.

I was SO upset that I missed it last time that I really wanted to take part on the next one...which is in July.

I've just registered my interest and been given an idea of what happens on the day.

It's between 10am - 4pm
Receive a Leighton Denny gift bag
And you learn some nail art
Lunch & refreshments incl
Receive a certificate signed by Sophy
Cost £250

As much as I'd love to do the Master Class, I can't really justify paying £250 just for a nail art course. Yes Sophy's work is amazing! But how much more is she going to teach us?

From what I've seen from the last Master Class, the nail art is pretty much the same as what I do anyway...

I think I'd rather just spend the money on more CND courses/wait for the S2 product announcement/wait to buy new stuff at the September trade show...£250 seems a lot just for a nail art course.

What do you think?

I agree my personal view is although her art is amazing, i don't think it's sensible to spend £250 on it when I could spend that on marketing and products etc. Also I think nail art isn't something that can be taught per se. You can only show techniques (all of which can be developed and practised yourself and let's not forget vast resources of salon geek, you tube, Instagram etc) within a day class environment so it's not something I would put highly on my agenda of training courses!!!
I would rather do a course which could add definite skills to my repertoire and could bring in more revenue or add to my cv (whichever applies) like CND or other supplier conversions and up skilling!!!
Xxx

What a rediculous price.
I did a one stroke course 10-4 for £75 with Kirsty Meakin.

I dont really like her work imho and dont think many clients like it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sure it would be fabulous as Sophie is quite a character. However, I think it is more aimed at the consumer rather than the pro

I think you're right in saying this, but would a consumer pay £250 to learn how to do nail art on themselves.

If she was teaching some sort of ambidextrous technique, then I'd be there with bells on! (I wish there was some way of painting my other hand).

You can only show techniques (all of which can be developed and practised yourself and let's not forget vast resources of salon geek, you tube, Instagram etc) within a day class environment so it's not something I would put highly on my agenda of training courses!!!

Thats exactly what I thought, surely just by watching her videos and seeing her techniques, then self practice is enough to learn how to do nail art like her?

What a rediculous price.
I did a one stroke course 10-4 for £75 with Kirsty Meakin.

I dont really like her work imho and dont think many clients like it x

Different strokes for different folks (excuse the pun) :wink2:

I'm not sure how you can say that you don't like her work? Her work is all around us on different ads etc. Its not only crazy nail art, she does extremely chic elegant high end work too, there is no denying that her nails are amazing.

x

Different strokes for different folks (excuse the pun) :wink2:

I'm not sure how you can say that you don't like her work? Her work is all around us on different ads etc. Its not only crazy nail art, she does extremely chic elegant high end work too, there is no denying that her nails are amazing.

x

Hmm maybe I havent seen her other work in that case. Il go googling now!

(After googling) ...I like her editorial work but salon nails, nope sorry :/

Hmm maybe I havent seen her other work in that case. Il go googling now!

(After googling) ...I like her editorial work but salon nails, nope sorry :/

Although I like it... I can see how some props wouldn't! And I don't think I see myself wearing these nails...

I think you're right in saying this, but would a consumer pay £250 to learn how to do nail art on themselves.

If she was teaching some sort of ambidextrous technique, then I'd be there with bells on! (I wish there was some way of painting my other hand).

That is what I hoped for was some secret teachings in the way of ambidextrous, but that is something that can't be taught only practised continuously until prefect!

I also registered my interest when I found out how much it was my heart sank..... :-(
There is absolutely no way I would pay £250.
I would rather invest in some CND classes

Yeah I've done CND training and found that more fulfilling and very hands on

Latest posts

Back