Sore nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dol

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a brain dead moment- other than product continuing to cure and over filing of nails, how do I explain to a client what could be causing their new acrylic extensions to feel heavy and sore?
Thanks

As some products cure, they also shrink, thus tending to squeeze the nail plate underneath which put pressure on the tender nail bed. It is this pressure that causes the soreness and the heavy feeling.

There are products that do not do this ... maybe you should check this out and upgrade. Nail enhancements should not be painful.

Thanks Geeg, I find that for me gel feels lighter on my nails than l+p.
This time my daughter had l+p applied and her nails are sore. I didn't do them for her, but I'm curious if other ladies have had this problem and if it's also partly due to underlying medical conditions? My daughter Is currently having a serious eczema flare up.

Thanks Geeg, I find that for me gel feels lighter on my nails than l+p.
This time my daughter had l+p applied and her nails are sore. I didn't do them for her, but I'm curious if other ladies have had this problem and if it's also partly due to underlying medical conditions? My daughter Is currently having a serious eczema flare up.

I dont think the eczema attack would make any difference (though I'm sorry to hear she is suffering with that ). Most l&p shrinks as it cures .. the shrinkage can be much worse if too wet a mix is used. I have heard of this soreness many times .. I have never heard of it lasting more than 24 hours, so she shouldn't feel it for long. It shouldn't be throbbing pain .. she should really only feel it if she presses them. :hug:

Latest posts

Back