Sore Red spot under nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimn

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently completed the LCN course and I haven't had a problem doing other people. However, when I buffed down my own last night to do a fill one of my nails has a sore red spot on the nail bed. The nail over it is probably a bit thin, but it is so sore. I also was a bit afraid to put product on it as I did the white on the tip and it was too heat sensitive to keep in the lamp.

Should I be worried or is this just from over filing? Anything I can do to make it feel better. I know I have to be gentler with myself, I just find it is so easy to over buff myself as I want my nails to look great!

Thanks Geeks!
Kim :):biggrin:

when your new and start practising on your own nails this does happen...we have all done it hun...it is from over filing and yes it may feel the heat from your lamp and so very thin layers will be needed....and maybe flash cure for 5 seconds at time before you do a full cure will help.

at least you know now what can happen so as to learn from it and hopefully not have this happen on a paying client.

it will grow out in time...dont worry

If your nail is thin and you have over buffed, you have caused a splinter haemorrage. It should grow out in time.
David.

you should see my nails, did a nail tech course in May and we practiced on each other and then we have 8 weeks before our exam wher i had put nails onand off a few times, by the time it came to the exam where we had to apply nails to each other again my nails were soooooooooo sore it was unbelievable. However a week on i had removed all tips and gel etc and put on a hardener and they arent as sore.

xx

you should see my nails, did a nail tech course in May and we practiced on each other and then we have 8 weeks before our exam wher i had put nails onand off a few times, by the time it came to the exam where we had to apply nails to each other again my nails were soooooooooo sore it was unbelievable. However a week on i had removed all tips and gel etc and put on a hardener and they arent as sore.

xx

OMG I am not going to wreck my precious natural nail during my trainging am I:Scared:.

Leslie

well i did have extensions b4 i did the course then during the course had them applied and removed and a few more times in between the course and the exam. they are now so thin and cracked they are awful, i was goiing to put extensions back on to cover them up but as i am going on holiday soon thought i would give them a break and let the sun get to them.:biggrin:

OMG I am not going to wreck my precious natural nail during my trainging am I:Scared:.

Leslie

Not if your careful hun.... I can honestly say when I was training I refused to allow other students to do my nails... it may sound harsh but - they are MY nails and if they get damaged its ME who has to live with the pain and problems associated with damaged nails - so I simply said no to being a class mates gunipig.. I went on to watch them mutilate each others nails, one class mates nails all pretty much fell off with onchronosis, others burned each others nails by over filing, most had cracked, split, flaking paper thin nails. I brought in a model each day, was conscious about damage that I could potentially cause, went very slowly with the abrasives in the beginning until my hand learnt the correct pressure and my eyes learnt to see nail plate from product.

if you make a conscious effort to do no harm to natural nails from the beginning then you shouldn't have any problems :)

Latest posts

Back