Sore/weak nails from home manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessaM1

Reaction score
I’ve been to get a gel polish manicure about 5 times, having long breaks in-between each visit, so never noticed if the quality of my nails were affected. Now I have my own lamp and kit I have done my nails 3 times in a row, which was about once every 2/3 weeks, now my nails are in awful condition and very sore and brittle. The nail bed itself is thin and week, the nail is attempting to grow but keeps breaking or even splitting. Im not sure why, maybe iv done something wrong, I have been using oil on nails when doing the manicure and daily throughout the weeks I have the gel on. Advice please? Because I want to continue doing my own manicure but it is really this damaging to nails? Iv had to cut the nails all extremely short and file the all completely to even out all the breakage.

Have you had any kind of training at all?
If not, I suggest either to go on training to learn how not to cause such damage to your nails
Or stick to the professional who used to do them for you and quit experimenting at the expense of your nails

To the problem at hand, there is nothing really you can do but wait for them to grow out

Latest posts

Back