Sorry another p/w question !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Norris

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been answered but i have searched and searched and cant find it. I am trying to master pink and white acrylic - think i have got the hang of smile lines (100+ tips later!!!). Now its the pink i am having trouble with - does the white on p/w's have to be thicker to enable the pink to butt up to it or is it just that i need to get the hang of not going over the white so much (my pink almost hides the white) - hope this makes sense, thanks in advance :)

Your pink and white will be the same thickness but obviously it will taper slightly at the cuticle and free edge.
Once you have applied your white in zone 1, then move onto zone 2-the pink butting it up against the white and then zone 3-remembering to taper it down flush with the nail bed to ensure no lifting takes place.
You dont want to be pulling the pink over the white-if you do this a little then once you have filed to refine you will file away the slight overlap of pink and reveal a nice crisp white smile line.

Welcome to the site Sarah.

For info, take a look at the Member Tutorials for lots of advice on application, finish and maintenance. Just click on Forums and follow the links.

HTHs

Hey thanks for replying i'm sure i'll get the hang of it but finding it hard to resist the temptation to pull pink all the way to the free edge - this site is amazing by the way :)

I struggled forever to perfect the p&w and i now do it the "young nails" way which is the reverse way. You put your pink acrylic on first, makin it a curved smile line shape at the natural nail free edge (you can file it to perfect) then putting on the form and putting on the white acrylic.. hard to explain in writing if you look for young nails videos on youtube you will see it, soooooooo much easier! x

Thanks i will have a look for that - need all the help i can get at the minute - i get the hang of one thing then theres another - but at least its not boring always a challange :)

Your z2 needs to be placed and pressed correctly .

I place my bead for z2 about 2mm below z1 then when plAcing I press then wait,,1,2 ,,,, then taper toward z3 turning finger as I go and feathering over z1 not pulling .

Then same goes for z3 place not in gap just above and press then feather,,,

Have you looked on www.nailangel.co.uk ?? You have to register (its free but sometimes take a day or 2 for them to confirm it) but they have a couple of good video's on there for P&W application. It might help to actually see the brush angles and product thickness. :hug: xx

Thanks that is a real good video...... and i have just registered with Nail Angel, thanks:)

don't know if this will help but I do all my whites then do my pink I find it do much easier than doing them at same time x x

Latest posts

Back