Sourcing hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are sister companies with Lauren's Way so that's why there is an option to go through to their department when you call in.
Our hair is completely different to the clip in's sold on Lauren's Way.

Hope that explains a bit more :)

Can anyone on this thread PM me of companies they have found from abroad to source their own hair? Thanks:)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Can anyone on this thread PM me of companies they have found from abroad to source their own hair? Thanks:)

People don't tend to share x

I doubt very much that anyone who has taken the time to source and test hair from abroad would just give you the info

Sourcing good hair takes many many months, it's not so easy as logging on here and asking someone to forward you all the info which takes the whole of two minutes

The only way to get good quality hair from abroad is to put in the effort yourself I'm afraid

Good luck ;-)

Lol in that case I don't really see the point in this thread to be quite honest. But ok thanks anyway :)

has anyone ever used viola hair extentions mini locks and mini copper tubes before?? any reviews?? xxx

has anyone ever used viola hair extentions mini locks and mini copper tubes before?? any reviews?? xxx

I've got some if their micro rings they seem nice good quality xx

Aw thanks I've just got a sample of their nano and mini links hair and feels nice but the mini copper links look a bit small for the bonds? Might try them tho? X

Lol in that case I don't really see the point in this thread to be quite honest. But ok thanks anyway :)

I think it was asked just generally. As in have you done it and with any success ;-)

I think it was asked just generally. As in have you done it and with any success ;-)

Yeah I agree with your previous post, I've sourced, in other words found good quality hair from several hair extension factories but to be completely honest you need atleast $50k to have them perfect, also if you do decide to proceed and import the hair the factories won't manufacture hair for you in small quantities, you need to order thousands of packets, decide how much hair to put in a packet and you also need to source the beads, tape replacements and etc from the same factory in some cases, which all needs to be bought in huge quantities.
I was about to do it but realised I think for me at this minute is too much of hard work to try and make work.
The only time sourcing and importing hair will work out and be worth while for your business is if you're planning on wholesaling them.
Other than that, you need to keep on top of your stock levels because you don't want angry clients waiting weeks for hair.
All in all, the extension business is good money and wholesaling hair is amazing money but you NEED a reputation which can take years and years to build.
I'm happy to help with some info if any if you want to inbox me.

Yeah I agree with your previous post, I've sourced, in other words found good quality hair from several hair extension factories but to be completely honest you need atleast $50k to have them perfect, also if you do decide to proceed and import the hair the factories won't manufacture hair for you in small quantities, you need to order thousands of packets, decide how much hair to put in a packet and you also need to source the beads, tape replacements and etc from the same factory in some cases, which all needs to be bought in huge quantities.
I was about to do it but realised I think for me at this minute is too much of hard work to try and make work.
The only time sourcing and importing hair will work out and be worth while for your business is if you're planning on wholesaling them.
Other than that, you need to keep on top of your stock levels because you don't want angry clients waiting weeks for hair.
All in all, the extension business is good money and wholesaling hair is amazing money but you NEED a reputation which can take years and years to build.
I'm happy to help with some info if any if you want to inbox me.

I used to import wefts from abroad MOQS are around 100 pieces per colour. So I only offered a range of 8 colours. This was a few years ago and I used to sell them on eBay and to be honest I did make some very good money. But the hair extension market is now very flooded with random sellers.

I looked into strands after selling wefts and it was ok,not hard at all, just a lot of money to stock each colour in each length etc

I only source hair for my own use now and can purchase just 1kg at a time and can mix colours which is a bonus ;-)

I used to import wefts from abroad MOQS are around 100 pieces per colour. So I only offered a range of 8 colours. This was a few years ago and I used to sell them on eBay and to be honest I did make some very good money. But the hair extension market is now very flooded

I only source hair for my own use now and can purchase just 1kg at a time and can mix colours which is a bonus ;-)

Wifey I didn't know you sourced lol

I have done loads of searching also and tried loads of samples of hair and wasted a lot of time and money with suppliers all china based as alot of them will tell you what you want to hear just so you will buy there product.

I did buy a bulk amount of hair eventually from Haiyi Hair in china as there sample of prebonds was great.

I had to buy it in 1kg per colour per length and texture.
I purchased from them and paid via bank transfer everything worked out fine and it was great to cut out the middle man and make a good profit fitting the hair.

The quality was amazing I asked for their highest quality hair it was single drawn but basically 2 ratio so very close to double drawn.

The downside to this was I could only afford to purchase 5 colours at the time in that amount of hair so I was very limited when it came to clients but in those cases I would just buy from local suppliers and my profit was not as good.

I used to import wefts from abroad MOQS are around 100 pieces per colour. So I only offered a range of 8 colours. This was a few years ago and I used to sell them on eBay and to be honest I did make some very good money. But the hair extension market is now very flooded with random sellers.

I looked into strands after selling wefts and it was ok,not hard at all, just a lot of money to stock each colour in each length etc

Wifey would you mind sharing who you buy hair from now? thanks x

Wifey would you mind sharing who you buy hair from now? thanks x

Sorry I've spent too much time researching and testing to simply share the info on a public forum

Sorry I've spent too much time researching and testing to simply share the info on a public forum

Hey no worries I understand I have been sampling hair for the last few years and it is a lot of work and money wasted in the process.....just thought I'd ask as some people don't mind exchanging information but I understand not wanting to say it on a public forum when some people don't try themselves.....if u ever want to exchange info we can mail each other ;)

Latest posts

Back