South Yorkshire-another make up training question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't been on here in awhile and I don't know why because it's sooo addictive reading everyone's queries and news, my partner plays hell at me because I'm on this all time 🙊

Anyways, I have a salon in South Yorkshire and I have been thinking ALOT lately of where and what I want to venture into more and I have decided that I would love to offer make up to my clients, wether it be a
Saturday evening out with friends or a wedding day. it's what I'm starting to get very passionate about. My problem is this,I trained in the BASIC level 2 beauty that comes with the course and that was over 5-6 years ago, so I have a qualification but I don't feel confident showing that off as I would feel a fraud compared to some of you guys who really have worked hard getting your qualifications which clearly have paid off.

So where do I train? I don't mind travelling or staying over that's not a problem. There are so many though it's hard to know who will rip you off n who will start you on the right path.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and YES I have read through other posts on this matter and I am unable to get an answer to my question hence the new thread.

Thanks Jodie ❤️

I think it really depends on how you want to use make up. Make up was my first love, and I worked on make up counters and did loads on friends and family so when I eventually did formal training, it was pretty straightforward.

Roll forward about 25 years and I now have a salon. I retail a lot of make up and have done a lot of weddings over the years. For about 10 years, Jane Iredale has been my choice of make up. When I first took it on, I did some training that from memory was included in the opening order. This helped me get the best from the make up that I was then going to use.

You have the qualification so maybe look at what you want to use, stock and retail and see if you can train in that brand.

Many mua's will draw favourite items from different suppliers but if you are in a salon, being able to provide a really professional range for day wear, bridal special occasion and retail can really boost your bottom line.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it really depends on how you want to use make up. Make up was my first love, and I worked on make up counters and did loads on friends and family so when I eventually did formal training, it was pretty straightforward.

Roll forward about 25 years and I now have a salon. I retail a lot of make up and have done a lot of weddings over the years. For about 10 years, Jane Iredale has been my choice of make up. When I first took it on, I did some training that from memory was included in the opening order. This helped me get the best from the make up that I was then going to use.

You have the qualification so maybe look at what you want to use, stock and retail and see if you can train in that brand.

Many mua's will draw favourite items from different suppliers but if you are in a salon, being able to provide a really professional range for day wear, bridal special occasion and retail can really boost your bottom line.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's great thanks for that I hadn't even thought of that side of it, the selling In the salon. I just worry will people be put off by something they haven't heard. Round here people say make up or make over n they think mac 😞 I wondered have I just to get a lot of different things and use them but I suppose that's the more mobile side of it.
Anyone else?? X

Latest posts

Back