SP lash strips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Hi all, if anyone could answer my Q I'd really appreciate it. I trained in SP lashes in June, my kit contained loose lashes and felt all my time was taken up with sorting them out. So I bought the strip ones. The thing is I struggle to get only one lash off and end up with 2 or 3 even more and all these lashes are wasted. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me lol please help:( x

Two ways...
First, I count out my lashes, so i pull them off the strips and attach them to double sided tape on a mirror tile, counted in rows of tens. This makes it easy to grab one at a time, because they are spaced a bit.
Another way... If you lean your tweezers against the curl of the lashes, and slowly pull back on the lashes in the row, one lash will pop forward. Then you can grab it.
I prefer to pre count, as The sets I offer are based on how many lashes are in them.

Crikey, I'd be there forever if I counted lashes beforehand, especially if you have up to 6 lash appts in one day!

Where are you buying your trays from? Some cheap trays have rubbish glue on the strips and so as soon as you touch any of the lashes it causes loads to fall off? Maybe its a dodgy batch, I have had one tray like this before.

Also, some brands space their lashes out more, this may be easier for you. Marvel Lash do this.
x

Thanks for replying. The reason I bought the strips was so that I didn't have to take them off then apply to tape as this for me takes forever lol. I honestly don't like the marvelash, I previously had these on myself and they were very hard to the touch whereas these are a lot softer. But I did notice the marvelash are more spaced out and would be easier to take off the strip. It's just so annoying as I'm wasting a lot of lashes x

Thanks for replying. The reason I bought the strips was so that I didn't have to take them off then apply to tape as this for me takes forever lol. I honestly don't like the marvelash, I previously had these on myself and they were very hard to the touch whereas these are a lot softer. But I did notice the marvelash are more spaced out and would be easier to take off the strip. It's just so annoying as I'm wasting a lot of lashes x

Yes Marvel Lash lashes are very spaced apart (I have never used them though as I dont have any issues with my current lash suppliers), whereas most other brands' lashes are right next to each other.

Maybe try another brand, Lash Solutions /Lash Base /Secret Lashes are great.
x

Yes Marvel Lash lashes are very spaced apart (I have never used them though as I dont have any issues with my current lash suppliers), whereas most other brands' lashes are right next to each other.

Maybe try another brand, Lash Solutions /Lash Base /Secret Lashes are great.
x

Thank you, will have a look:) xx

I count lashes like this all the time. When pulling lashes from strips you would grab more than one lash at a time. I counted out seventy per eye the other day and timed myself. Took 3 minutes. When I have a full day (sometimes nine clients in a day) I spend about fifteen minutes and count each clients lashes onto a different mirror tile, and then I am ready for all my appointments for that day. It might not be for you, but it works really well for me. You would be surprised at how fast you get them counted out.

I count lashes like this all the time. When pulling lashes from strips you would grab more than one lash at a time. I counted out seventy per eye the other day and timed myself. Took 3 minutes. When I have a full day (sometimes nine clients in a day) I spend about fifteen minutes and count each clients lashes onto a different mirror tile, and then I am ready for all my appointments for that day. It might not be for you, but it works really well for me. You would be surprised at how fast you get them counted out.

Oh of course each to their own. If you charge per lash, then you would have to do this, but not for me-wasted time.

Just wondering, you say you charge per amount of lashes, but what happens if someone has large eyes? I would feel like I was penalising a client by having to charge them more.
x

Oh of course each to their own. If you charge per lash, then you would have to do this, but not for me-wasted time.

Just wondering, you say you charge per amount of lashes, but what happens if someone has large eyes? I would feel like I was penalising a client by having to charge them more.
x

I charge for my services... 70 lashes per eye takes me x amount of time, so I have a charge for 70 lashes per eye. 100 lashes per eye takes me x amount of time, so I charge for 100 lashes per eye. Not to sound full of myself, but I am a much sought after SP tech. People see my work and want ME to do their service. I have put in many hours of practice, and I am very good at what I do. I have been at this for many years. My services are guaranteed, and I wouldn't even consider doing what I do for less. If they want a better deal, I will cheerfully book them in with a less experienced SP tech, no hard feelings. I understand wanting to get a better deal, and I believe clients have the right to choose what they want.

Clients come in, and I do a consultation with them. I help them decide what would look best on them, and we do that. Because I count lashes they have no doubt that I gave them their money's worth. They never wonder if I put on less than last time, because they see them counted out before we get started.

I use a silicone pad that I got from lash base. If I do pull several lashes off by mistake then I just plonk them on the pad. They stay standing up like on the strip and I can use them all without loosing any. It's also great if you do like loose lashes because they stand up on the pad, you can just swirl around the lashes a bit and new ones will pop up! I used to have a little one but recently got an A5 sized pad that I can put everything on, my strips, loose lashes, glue stone. It all sits on the pad next to my client.

Air x

I'm getting quite busy now with lashes but think I'm suffering from 'Shaky hand syndrome' lol. By the time I've pulled 1 lash from the strip I've lost the isolated lash then have to start all over again. All my clients know that I'm still in training so they understand. Can I just ask what kind of tweezers you all use? I know it comes down to personal preference but thought I would ask. Thanks again:) xx

I use 2 sets of straight tweezers. The way I pull off a lash is to gently push the lashes backwards, this helps them to separate slightly and then pull it off to the side.
Hope that helps x

I use 2 sets of straight tweezers. The way I pull off a lash is to gently push the lashes backwards, this helps them to separate slightly and then pull it off to the side.
Hope that helps x

Thank you Jenx. I isolate the lash with straight tweezers & pick up the EE with X tweezers. I sometimes feel at times I'm putting too much pressure on the pad and scared the tweezers are going to go through the pad and stab the client. Which I have to say I haven't lol. Think I may try the straight instead of the x type:) x

I use straight tweezers. I sometimes isolate first and then grab the lash from the strip and sometimes I grab the lash then just use one pair of tweezers to isolate (easier when you have already placed quite a few lashes).

You can gently place rest your hand on the clients forehead to create balance.

But do remember, all these things come with practice. When I first started, I couldnt even hold the tweezers properly, let alone grab a lash, isolate, place etc etc lol.
x

I use straight tweezers. I sometimes isolate first and then grab the lash from the strip and sometimes I grab the lash then just use one pair of tweezers to isolate (easier when you have already placed quite a few lashes).

You can gently place rest your hand on the clients forehead to create balance.

But do remember, all these things come with practice. When I first started, I couldnt even hold the tweezers properly, let alone grab a lash, isolate, place etc etc lol.
x

I was training today and was resting my hand on the forehead but I get super sweaty hands when I'm nervous, stressed, etc so I was very worried about this. Do you think it would be okay for me to drape a folded face cloth across the client's forehead so I can still rest on their forehead but not have to worry about the sweaty hand issue?

X tweezers are very difficult to use to pick lashes off the strip so that could be why you are struggling xxx

I was training today and was resting my hand on the forehead but I get super sweaty hands when I'm nervous, stressed, etc so I was very worried about this. Do you think it would be okay for me to drape a folded face cloth across the client's forehead so I can still rest on their forehead but not have to worry about the sweaty hand issue?
It is totally fine to place a tissue over the clients forehead xxx

Latest posts

Back