spa pedicure description

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellcake

Reaction score
Hi all

Can you give me help on the description of a spa pedicure CND for a price list, how do you describe this gorgeous treatment? what price do you charge? How long does it take you?

x

When you got your kit there should have been an instructions leaflet in it. I took that description and put it in my own words.

Price-wise, I charge £17 for Spa Manicure and £19 for Spa Ped, I believe that is cheap but i needed to be competative for my area.

Hope that helps x

The problem with being cheap so you are competitive means that it generally becomes the price that people expect to pay. Surely you should charge the going rate and the value of the service being provided, or am I being naive?

£19 for a spa ped does seem really cheap, in my area thats charged for a standard ped. I can see why you want to be competitive but i tend to agree with purpleivy that its a luxury treatment, charge what it and you deserve.
Thanks for the replies. x

I call it the 'facial for the feet' and go on to describe how the products are derived from the ocean etc , all this wording has come from the pedicure hand out I was given on the course and from the step by step in the kit. hth xx

I know this pedicure is the bees knees and I market it as such, and charge a premium price for my area (£21) local salon are charging as little as £10 for a pedi and £16 for a spa one ! so I've not been able to charge as much as I'd hoped, It does come down to the area sometimes, but without selling yourself too short xx

My objection is also that you are driving the general price down in the area. I wouldn't have thought that on the whole folks will shop around looking for the cheapest spa pedicure around, I feel that they will use other considerations as well... reputation, recommendation, location, what else the therapist can offer for example. So what's the point in charging less?

I wouldn't like to be thought of a therapist that offers cheap treatments either. I would rather be valued for the quality of treatment rather than the price.

totally see your point 100 % and know what you mean , but unfortunately some clients do only look at price... sad but true, I have priced my pedi more than local people for all the points you have mentioned but know in an ideal world I should be paid more xx

Again I have taken extracts from the info cards and used them to word my 'blurb'. You need to really sell this treatment, as it is so pampering and fab!! Mine is £25 Pedi and £23 Mani. Priced according to area and style of treatment! Nowhere around here does anything like this so imo you pay for quality!

Again I have taken extracts from the info cards and used them to word my 'blurb'. You need to really sell this treatment, as it is so pampering and fab!! Mine is £25 Pedi and £23 Mani. Priced according to area and style of treatment! Nowhere around here does anything like this so imo you pay for quality!

yep you pay for quality 100% and I charge an ok price for my pedi, but in my area I have creative techs charging as little as £16 for a full spa pedi :eek: so I'm seen as very expenisive (which I am aiming for ... the top end) but I did hope to charge more to touch feet lol !!

I call it the 'facial for the feet' and go on to describe how the products are derived from the ocean etc , all this wording has come from the pedicure hand out I was given on the course and from the step by step in the kit. hth xx

Again I have taken extracts from the info cards and used them to word my 'blurb'. You need to really sell this treatment, as it is so pampering and fab!!
Mine's a foot-acial. I use the desciption in the catalouges for ideas to descibe the treatment too.

The problem with being cheap so you are competitive means that it generally becomes the price that people expect to pay. Surely you should charge the going rate and the value of the service being provided, or am I being naive?

You are right. The reason I went to this price is that another girl posted a leaflet through my door two days before mine were going out, she is also a home based salon, and does similar to me. I had originally put the prices at £20 (mani) and £23.

Now I get clients who have deliberately chose me as I was a few pounds cheaper. They say that they will try the cheaper one and if the are happy they will stick with me. I live in a very affluent area too so you would not really expect people to be bothered about a few pounds, but his is what they have told me.

When you got your kit there should have been an instructions leaflet in it. I took that description and put it in my own words.

Price-wise, I charge £17 for Spa Manicure and £19 for Spa Ped, I believe that is cheap but i needed to be competative for my area.

Hope that helps x

You've got to also remember the time it takes you to do a Spa Pedicure, as for me it is well over an hour, as there are so many lovely products to use throughout the treatment, it is a luxury pedicure and i want the clients to feel relaxed not rushed!

I think £19 for at least 1.5 hrs work is very cheap.

Latest posts

Back