Sparkly white tips??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I would love some advise please, I would like to add some sparkle to my p & w (use creative l&p retention+), Ive just bought some glimmer powder but not had a chance to try it yet, do most of you use it for zones 2&3?? as it looks like its clear not white? But then how do I achieve sparkly white tips? apply a thin layer of glimmer over the top of the white tip? Or should I buy some glitter to add to my white powder? Any suggestions very welcome, Thanks:)

I would buy some glitter to add to the white, I don't think you'll see the glitter from a shimmery clear powder, if you know what I mean. Silver glitter would be cool too come to think of it, Christmas-y!!

I sometimes mix mine with clear powder and also use a clear tip, sometimes using the clear tips set off the shimmer just nicely, depending on your ratio mix. I like mine quite dense :)

A client I had recently wanted a bit of glitter/shimmer on her tips. I applied the white tips and then mixed a little shimmer with some clear powder just over the free edge and they looked lovely really subtle and classy. I applied the rest as I normally would. I did my own the same as well because it looked so nice!

Hi Everyone, I would love some advise please, I would like to add some sparkle to my p & w (use creative l&p retention+), Ive just bought some glimmer powder but not had a chance to try it yet, do most of you use it for zones 2&3?? as it looks like its clear not white? But then how do I achieve sparkly white tips? apply a thin layer of glimmer over the top of the white tip? Or should I buy some glitter to add to my white powder? Any suggestions very welcome, Thanks:)

The fastest, and the easiest way is to use a white tip, after you find the right size for the finger, apply a thin coat of resin (use brush on resin) sprinkle glimmer powder or glider on tip, shake of access,and you ready to go. now this sparkle tip ready for anything, acrylic, gel, and yes even wrap, but only if you use opi future fiber wrap because it go on clear.
Hope that help.
Happy Holidays.

J Pham

If you've bought Glimmer then you can apply that over the white in zone 1 and you will get a gorgeous sparkle from it. The glimmer is clear with sparkle in it so you put it wherever you like! I put a thin layer over the top of a p&w in all zones last week for a client - looked fab! This nail http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5649 shows Glimmer underneath the dots.....

hth's

* This is EzFlow "Granite" on the tip~
IMG_0071.jpg

I add super-fine glitter to white powder, not too much though or you will compromise the strength.

It's been very popular this Christmas. I charge extra for it too.

Where do you buy this 'glimmer' could you just use any glitter - like the stuff you can buy for your eyes etc.... sorry if this is a really bad idea & sounds really unprofesh!

Latest posts

Back