Special offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Hi everyone i just thinking of special offers to bring in people during gthe christmas time as im a fairly new business so wanted to include promotions for my next newsletter which i will mail out to existing clients and have them in the salon for new clients to take advantage of too.
however i notice that lots of places write 'Not to be used in conjunction with any other special offers or vouchers'
i was thinking of having free back massage booked with a facial and maybe a free shape and polish mani with every spa pedicure booked but by saying the above quote does it mean that if my client wanted a facial with a free back massage one day and the spa pedicure and mani another day that by me saying not to be used in conjunction with any other offers would put them off, cos i dont currently have any other offers.
i wait untill one runs out then do another otherwise it will get to confusing running to many at the same time.
Also do you think its fair for me 2 say those people that have gift vouchers can not use it with these special offers as at the time it wasnt available to them and is only 4 that specefic month what does everyone else do cos ive seen it said many times?
thankyou for reading this

Like you im new to the business but i have 2 offers going now one is free nail art with any full set of enhancements booked from now till the 1st jan and then the other offer i have is enhancement and gel toes booked together you get £5 off HTH xx

yeah they sound like good ideas if you offer nail enchancements at the moment im putting that on hold as i didnt do them often enough where i worked before so dont feel my timings are appropriate.
People like things if they know there getting money off or something for free i know that buy one get one free offers tempt me when shopping lol

I'm not really doing offers over christmas as its the busiest time of year and I could fill the book 10xover! I will tho upgrade different services based on the amount of money spent as its about getting the maximum spend per person.

Layla-Louise I would suggest keeping things simple as its a busy time of year and you need to think what you would like to do more of - would you be happy if a client had a massage and facial taking 1hr 30 mins earning £50 when you could have been out front and have done 6 french polishes with diamonds earning £90 (I understand my pricing may be way off as i'm charging 12 for french and 3 for diamonds)
I like the mani with pedi, so myb facial with mani or toe paint as your gonna be in the room anyway. or eyelash tint, eyebrow tint and eyebrow shape?
make more money from one service rather than less from 2
The easy things are the best things

yeah they sound like good ideas if you offer nail enchancements at the moment im putting that on hold as i didnt do them often enough where i worked before so dont feel my timings are appropriate.
People like things if they know there getting money off or something for free i know that buy one get one free offers tempt me when shopping lol

gel toes take no time at all - but charge properly!
I will be offering gel overlays and toes with free removal for those who want pretty nails but need to stuff the turkey!!:lol:

yes i do think your right about 1 hour 30mis taking alot of my time but just wanted to get people through the door maybe ill rethink that offer then just have lots of products that seem to be sitting on the shelves too so promoting facials would be good.

What I used to do in my salon in manchester was from mid nov - xmas give all my clients a £10 Voucher for spends up to £50 and a £20 Voucher for spends up to £100. This was across the retail, or treatment board.

The voucher was valid from 2nd jan-Feb and entitled them to £10 off a £20 appointment or £20 off a £40 appointment.

It proved really popular. I did it as a christmas present from my shop but it meant I would be guaranteed clients coming in at the quieter period of the year.

Clients liked it because they knew they could treat themselves after xmas too.

Dont do half price or 50% off as you will lose 50% of your money. A client who only has to spend £20 to get £10 off will often book a more expensive appointment for example £30 off treatments. I still made £20 with the offer, whereas on a 50% off deal I would only make £15.

After Christmas to some joint offers like manis and pedis etc, in anticipation for these clients using the vouchers. This means when you get a client call up to say book a £20 manicure with there £10 voucher I upsell the pedicure too for £15.

Makes them spend more money without them realising what you are doing!!! It works in their favour too as they get excellent value for money and most clients always upgrade their treatment if you ask them

Kate

Latest posts

Back