Split ends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel90

Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place.

I haven't had my hair cut for a few months as I'm growing it and haven't got round to getting a new hairdresser yet, since changing my work hours. My hair is usually in pretty good condition, I rarely do anything with it, just let it dry naturally. I use hair conditioning treatments regularly but I do wear it up a lot and I have recently noticed I have a lot of split ends. I also feel a bit like a lion today as my hair is fairly thick and I'm wearing it down.
Sorry if this is a really daft question but can I get just the split ends cut off or do I have to just have a regular trim?
Also, is there anything I can do to prevent them in the future?
Thanks

If your hair is breaking near the pony tail, have you tried using a banana comb clip instead of a tight pony?

If only your split ends were cut, you'd probably end up with an odd shape overall. Visit a few salons and ask for a free consultation to see what they suggest and then go for the one where you feel most comfortable.

If your hair is breaking near the pony tail, have you tried using a banana comb clip instead of a tight pony?

If only your split ends were cut, you'd probably end up with an odd shape overall. Visit a few salons and ask for a free consultation to see what they suggest and then go for the one where you feel most comfortable.
Well I have had some breakage on the top of my head, I don't wear pony tails that high but the hair there starts to get quite coarse, I'd describe it as a similar feel to pubic hair?!

I thought that might be the case. Thank you, I'll do that :)

Latest posts

Back