Split free edge - Calgel OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxglove

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a client that has a vertical split in the free edge of one of her thumbs. It is always there, and the rest of the nail is perfectly healthy, leading me to thing it is due to damage in the matrix at some point in the past.

In the past, I have put a silk wrap on it, just to offer some protection...but with my Calgel training coming up next month, I am wondering if she could be a possible new gel client.........

Would it be ok to use Calgel over this split - will it offer enough protection? Obviously, I wont do anything until after my training, but I just want to know if it is worth bringing up the subject with my client beforehand......

Any thought woudl be most welcome :hug:

Hello all!

I have a client that has a vertical split in the free edge of one of her thumbs. It is always there, and the rest of the nail is perfectly healthy, leading me to thing it is due to damage in the matrix at some point in the past.

In the past, I have put a silk wrap on it, just to offer some protection...but with my Calgel training coming up next month, I am wondering if she could be a possible new gel client.........

Would it be ok to use Calgel over this split - will it offer enough protection? Obviously, I wont do anything until after my training, but I just want to know if it is worth bringing up the subject with my client beforehand......

Any thought woudl be most welcome :hug:

i would probably put silk on it and then the calgel in the same way that you would do a repair.

Hi I do a lot of repairs with Bio Gel. I always use silk with it to repair splits as it will give extra strength and allow the split to grow out. Calgel is very similar so you should be ok.

Regards Charlotte

many thanks for your replies. I will try to convert this client to Calgel with silk then :0)

Latest posts

Back