split nail at free edge, genetic problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynesavage

Reaction score
hi
have looked and there are quite a few threads about this, so I know that some of this is a repeat. I have been using a fiberglass fix on my clients (she is nearly 70 but active!) thumb nails, and I know that it works (as have fixed my own nails a few times!) but, when she returns after 2 weeks she has managed to ping off the fix! she cleans and works hard and I am almost sure its the chemicals that are doing it (although she swears she uses gloves!) My question...Is there anything else I can do??? Please help me, as I am managing to get all eight other nails to a good condition!! and these thumbs are letting us both down...
The fiberglass system was provided by NSI as part of my NVQ pack.
P.s - I am about to log off, so don't think i am being rude! will be back after Jess is in bed!
thanks in advance:hug:

I know this may bump this up the threads, but I really need some advice before the client returns!
hope not offending:)

I don't know about splitting nails being genetic, however, I do know that our nails can get brittle and split as we get older.

I have a client who has the same on some of her nails, she has a Brisa NNO and doesn't have anymore problems.
She's religious with her Solar Oil and that's helped her nails immensely.

Do you offer gel or L+P?

This sounds like my mum

I dont know what you could do really but I have a genetic nail split in my family and it only occurs when you hit 40!!! You get a massive ridge on the ring fingernail and then in a few years time it eventually starts splitting!! My great grandma had it, my grandma has it and now my mum!! Me next!
Sorry it doesnt really help!

Glamour - She's not your mum! funnly enough my Mum has it too, she has a gel over the top.
the only thing i have finished training on is the fiberglass silk fix.
If you have seen my other threads you'll know that I am still in the process of deciding on a make of Gel, but if she is pinging off fiberglass then does she have much hope with anything else? Maybe the NSI gel? would a gel that won't soak off last longer as it's harder? (sorry prob using the wrong terminology, don't hang round with enough nail geeks to really learn the lingo!)
Thank you one and all for getting back to me!
Jayne

Latest posts

Back