split nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
i have a client who has a split length way down the nail in the middle and part of the nail and has come off at the free edge now.
its not sore or anything can anyone reccommend anything?
wll it grow out ?
thanks peeps

Hi Emmalouise, if the split goes all the way up into the matrix, there is every chance that it will not grow out. In this case having enhancements over it will be her best option as it will always split and break at the free edge.

If the split is only part way it will in time grow out. Again product over the split will help to protect it as it grows ensuring no further damage.

HTH

Envy

i suffer with this on one of my thumb nails - when they grow and ive took my enhancements off - i cuddle this thumb - in the hope that it will stay intact - but no - not a chance - i have to file this nail right down - before i can apply new enhancements - this type of damage is due to matrix damage, (i could be wrong here, but someone will put me right on it - but im sure im right) so it will never be "normal" boo hoo.

hth
the text below is what was answered to me (courtisy of Debs) when i asked this question

Sounds like lamellar dystrophy. Repeated traumas to nail tips, or repeated saturation or drying out by removing natural oils from constant use of solvents.

I reckon you should give your nails a break from extensions for a while and keep them topped up with plenty of oil, and regular manicures and of course protect them by wearing gloves especially when immersing in water. A good nail hardener without formaldehyde.

Latest posts

Back