SPMU start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie_EYB

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm currently booked in with 'natural enhancements' for a SPMU course in March. If anyone could help with personal experience, i would really appreciate it! Im really looking forward to the course and can wait to start transforming clients brows, liner and lips. I'll also be trained in scar camouflage and areola reconstruction if anyone has done this, do you get many clients?

- Is it better to pay room hire or a percentage? If a percentage, what is reasonable?
- What to charge models for my portfolio? would £99 with a free touch up be reasonable?
- What is the best way to make card payments?
- what bank is best to start up a business account?
- has anyone used groupon? I know a SPMU from portsmouth that said its best to use this as your starting out to build your client base?
- How did you find the first few months starting up?

Many thanks for reading!!

Roxie :)

Hay geeks any answers to this as I would like to know too?? [emoji173]️

Hey,
Are you doing a course this year too? If so, where are you doing yours?

[emoji4]

Hay Hun yes I'm doing my course in March with nouveau contour, I can't wait! Where u based? I'm in London [emoji4] xx

Oh I did look at there course! I'm going with natural enhancements as the lady who does my SPMU done her course there and she's amazing, she's based in Portsmouth tho. I'll be based in 3 different locations lol I currently work for a clinic that has 4 clinics, 3 in London 1 in reading and I'll also be based is Bracknell/ascot area. I'm so excited to start but also a bit worried xx

Oh great u have u clinics set up! I am excited & nervous too! Have u found out anything from above Hun? U looked at clinical waste management yet? X

Yer but still need to work out how much to pay them, either a percentage or room hire. No not yet [emoji53] I'm not sure if a lot of people on here do semi perm make up. No I haven't but I think my course goes all over that, the clinic I currently work for has a dermapen that uses needles so I don't think I need to do much with them but the other clinics I will xx

I wouldn't bother with the skin camouflage and the areola reconstruction. Skin camouflage with SPMU is a very controversial treatment, personally I would steer clear. Most SPMU is for the cosmetic side.

I'd say better to pay a percentage maybe because if u don't get clients ur not out of pocket paying rent, plus the salon will advertise more for you & recommend as it will be getting the commission, I've read on here anything between 15-20%. Direct 365 are supposed to be good for clinical waste removal xx

I was gonna charge around £60 for my case studies as it covers my costs and should ensure I get them done quickly xx

Oh I did look at there course! I'm going with natural enhancements as the lady who does my SPMU done her course there and she's amazing, she's based in Portsmouth tho. I'll be based in 3 different locations lol I currently work for a clinic that has 4 clinics, 3 in London 1 in reading and I'll also be based is Bracknell/ascot area. I'm so excited to start but also a bit worried xx

Hi ya could send a link it training in Portsmouth want to check it out, I've just done my microblading course want to learn machines, want to check this out X

Sorry a bit off topic but does the trainer in Portsmouth still do SPMU on clients? If so where in Portsmouth and who?
I've been looking for someone close to me who comes recommended. Thnx

Sorry a bit off topic but does the trainer in Portsmouth still do SPMU on clients? If so where in Portsmouth and who?

Me too lol, that's an hour drive for me :) X

Hi kitt101 it won't let me reply to your inbox ;(

Hi :)

Sorry i must not of made sense lol shes not a trainer she does my SPMU but done her training in london with the same company im doing it with. Shes amazing and based in southsea, http://www.frederikadefinedmakeup.co.uk/

Shes amazing and Im always happy with the result

Roxie

Hi was just wondering how the training and set up of buisiness has gone? I'm planning on doing this next month! A little nervous about how much money goes into it ...and how it will all work out. X

Hi was just wondering how the training and set up of buisiness has gone? I'm planning on doing this next month! A little nervous about how much money goes into it ...and how it will all work out. X

Hiya,

Training with Natural Enhancements was amazing, really recommend them as a training academy. Setting up was a bit stressful but the training i received really helped straighten things out and get everything rolling. Client wise I've managed to have about 15/20 clients in the first 3 weeks with little advisement on facebook.

Who are you training with? I found after the training and theory I felt a lot more at ease with everything

xx

Wow you have done fantastic! That's a lot of clients is that charging full price how much? I'm in leeds so prices may be a little cheaper, have you got your own shop/place? I'm planning on going with Dermace I've done a lot of research and keep going back to them. Suppose it's just the fear of having no customers and not covering the costs of rent etc.

Wow you have done fantastic! That's a lot of clients is that charging full price how much? I'm in leeds so prices may be a little cheaper, have you got your own shop/place? I'm planning on going with Dermace I've done a lot of research and keep going back to them. Suppose it's just the fear of having no customers and not covering the costs of rent etc.

Thank you :)

I pay a percentage to a clinic in my town, My introductory offer is £150 for the next month or two. I did look at Dermace but was a bit far from me lol

I was really nervous before my training but once you've done your first day it gets easier

xx

Latest posts

Back