SPMU working in salons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ticketytoc

Reaction score
Hi, I want to do a course in smpu, however all the legalities of it is really causing me some confusion.
"Before purchasing disinfectants check the manufacturer’s catalogue, or with the supplier direct, to ensure the products are suitable for your needs;
I Water for washing should be supplied hot and cold via a mixer tap, preferably via a foot, elbow or lever operated tap system, and hands should be washed with soap and dried using good quality disposable paper towels;
I A separate deep sink with hot and cold water should be provided exclusively for washing equipment and instruments and should be located in a separate ‘dirty’ area, away from the clean operating area;"
So how does that work ? Do you have to pay a salon to put in a seperate sink ?
This is an awfully big gamble to pay so much for a course and not be able to actually find work due to premises etc ?
Can any one clarify what they did to start up?
Thank you

There has to be a separate sink with hot water available in the treatment room for hand washing or needle stick injuries, this shouldn't for example be the sink where the dishes are washed and yes they want elbow or infra red operated so your not using your hands. Unfortunately it's been my experience in my area that salons technically renting out rooms don't get visited by environmental health to be enforced on this.... Or the removal of sharps contracts, licensing fees, liability insurance or sterilisation etc etc. You should stick to your standards though and start as you mean to go on.

There has to be a separate sink with hot water available in the treatment room for hand washing or needle stick injuries, this shouldn't for example be the sink where the dishes are washed and yes they want elbow or infra red operated so your not using your hands. Unfortunately it's been my experience in my area that salons technically renting out rooms don't get visited by environmental health to be enforced on this.... Or the removal of sharps contracts, licensing fees, liability insurance or sterilisation etc etc. You should stick to your standards though and start as you mean to go on.
Thanks so much for your reply I knew there had to be some way that people were doing it. With the technicalities of it all its almost impossible to get started I think. I don't think it's for me to be honest.

Latest posts

Back