Spray gun won't stop spraying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane LA tan

Reaction score
My spray gun is 4 years old and just recently when i tan someone the gun continues to release solution even after i have let go of the trigger. Ive used WD 40 on the gun and that helped a bit. It happened the other day as i was tanning a client and i had to keep spraying ,. The tan turned out fine but my nerves were in tatters!.Help please.

How are you cleaning your gun? Sounds like something might be going wrong inside maybe? Talk to who ever you brought it from about the best way to clean it some companies are different on what they recommend. I fill my cup up with warm water and just spray the whole lot into a bucket until it's empty. Just gives the inside a good clean. since DHA is made from sugar it can crystallise a bit inside blocking and jamming things. Give that a try otherwise is it under warranty?

Hiya. I think I've got to the bottom of it. I have loosened the gland nut as it was too tight and not allowing the needle to retract. Your idea of filling the cup
With water is good. I shall do that in future as currently I just run it all under the tap. X

Hi Jane,
I was just about to ask which gun you have as it sounds like the Gland nut is too tight or Gland seal needs repositioning / replacing.
Glad your sorted :)

Latest posts

Back