Spray tan and holiday advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat060287

Reaction score
Hey

My spray tan trainer told us not to spray tab clients for when they go on holiday because the tan will go patchy and only last a day or two because of natural exfoliants such as sea & sand.

I've never heard this before and know loads of people who get them for hols.

Has anybody else heard this or had experiences from clients?

Xxx

We've never heard of anything like this before.
Going in the sea will act as a natural exfoliant but it shouldn't turn the tan patchy, and shouldn't affect the amount of days that it lasts.
Lots of people have spray tans before they go on holiday, and by the time the tan has started to wear off, most people will have built up a natural tan, so they shouldn't notice it coming off.
Hope this helps!
Trinitia xx

Yes spray tans can go a bit patchy and not last as long when away on hols. I found it faded from my feet really quickly from paddling in the sea and them being sandy. When clients are after a pre holiday spray tan I always advise them to go for a light one (8%) as I think its a bit daft going away darker than you come back. By the time a light spray tan had faded the colour will be replaced with the real thing.

We do lots of tans for clients going away. And would also recommend a 9%omg so it's just dark enough to feel good but quickly replaced with a natural tan.

I had a spray tan before I went away in June. Had it 3 days before I went so it wasn't really dark and within a few days my holiday colour had developed. I was in and out of the pool with my 2 younger girls & didn't notice any problems with a bad fade off, I took my exfoliating gloves and just took it off after 3 days. I use Nouvatan.
Happy holidays.

Latest posts

Back