Spray tan and skin cancer help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleyTan

Reaction score
Hiya I'm doing my aunty a spray tan today, however she has some scars from where she had skin cancer. She has had a patch test and didn't react to it so is fine with the product but I was just wondering if the scars would come up a really different colour? I only did my training last month and have only come across stretch marks, not actual scars xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone?

Hiya I'm doing my aunty a spray tan today, however she has some scars from where she had skin cancer. She has had a patch test and didn't react to it so is fine with the product but I was just wondering if the scars would come up a really different colour? I only did my training last month and have only come across stretch marks, not actual scars xx

great that you did a patch test :hug:

don't apply the solution if the scars are not fully healed or if irritated

there are two possibilities of the outcome to this area

if the skin is rough the solution could well grab and therefore a dark patch...just make sure she exfoliates properly to this area...if severe rough skin is still there simply apply a good moisturiser to the area...don't use something like Vaseline as this is likely to completely block access for the solution to the skin and therefore you will have a white patch to the covered area

the other possible outcome is if the scar has healed to a very taught smooth texture then this is unlikely to absorb the solution so the reaction can occur ...not much you can do about this other than to apply make up to the white scar line mark

HTH and good luck with Auntie ...do it right for her and you will remain on her inheritance short list :wink2::eek::lol::lol:

I have only just seen this response. I did her tan and it took absolutely fine, she had it as a trial as she is having one in November for a wedding :) x

Latest posts

Back